Author Topic: BOOT family  (Read 2181 times)

Offline dizziebee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
BOOT family
« on: Monday 19 June 06 10:31 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the info on John BOOT and his family who came to USA to live around 1923. I would love to find their ships name and any passenger list etc.
His wife was named Annie louisa BOOT (nee EADON).
According to the 1930 census they lived in detroit michigan with his sister and brother in law and John had a daughter Olive BOOT b 1927. Is there an online access to naturalization records also.
Any help is appreciated.
Summerfield, Boardman, Haskins, Boot

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BOOT family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 June 06 15:34 BST (UK) »
http://www.michigan.gov/hal/0,1607,7-160-17449_18635_20684---,00.html - there are some naturalization records online but not Wayne County (Detroit) yet.

Is this the family who ended up in California?

http://vitals.rootsweb.com/ca/death/search.cgi - shows Annie L.  Boot nee Eadon and also John Clarence Boot who I think must be yours (fits with age in the 1930 census).
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dizziebee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 June 06 20:09 BST (UK) »
Yes it is the family who ended up in California. And it now looks like I am going to have to put the lid on the casket and forget them cos I can't find any info on them at all so RIP BOOT family!!!!!!!!!!
Its a shame as they are my direct family thru grandparents but no one has heard of or seen or found anything about them other than their birth certs and death dates

Offline samthompson

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 June 06 17:39 BST (UK) »
Hello

I am not sure what you are looking for or what you may have but here is John in 1901 in England with his parents

New Bilton, St Oswald,  Warwickshire

John Boot, age 38, plumber and painter, born Leicester
Elizabeth Boot wife, age 34, born Newbold on Avon, Warwickshire
Olive E, daughter, age  (?hard to read) nurse domestic, born Leicester
Elsie V or N, age 8, born Rugby Warwickshire
John C B son, age 6 New Belton, Warwickshire
Beatrice C or E daughter age 15, nurse domestic  born Newbold on Avon, Warwickshire

It is very possible that John, his wife and sister arrived in Canada in 1923 and took a train or boat to Michigan.

I can look around if you let me know what you might be interested in  or what you already have.

Thelma

Source: Library and Archives Canada's website (www.collectionscanada.ca)

Kilgannon, Chugg, Neutze

Offline samthompson

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 27 June 06 17:44 BST (UK) »
hello again

are you trying to find out what happened to Olive M Boot?

Thelma
Source: Library and Archives Canada's website (www.collectionscanada.ca)

Kilgannon, Chugg, Neutze

Offline dizziebee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 27 June 06 21:03 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Yes I am trying to find out more about Olive M Boot, Thankyou for replying.
That census record for 1901 , John C B Boot is the father of Olive who was born in Michigan abt 1926/7. That is the only info on the 1930 u.s. census.

I am also trying to find out if there were other children of John and Annie.
And what happened to Elsie Arrowsmith (Johns sister)

According to family before contact was lost, they last lived in California but goodness knows where. I have found a couple of death records that could be them but not 100 percent sure.

It would be lovely to try and locate any children Olive had and maybe start writing again to put the family back in touch with each other.

But if no one knows of the family then I am well and truelly STUCK lol

Oh and the 1930 census said that they had filed their first papers for naturalization which means they had lived there for at least 2 years (I don't even know when they left England and what ship or port they arrived at)

I have sent an inquiry to the NARA to ask if there is any more info available , but no reply yet.

Thanks for taking an interest.

Dizzie