Author Topic: Lookup Request - Parish Records - Williton or Wooten Courtney - PUGSLEY  (Read 12909 times)

Offline Sprout

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup Request - Parish Records - Williton or Wooten Courtney - PUGSLEY
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 November 07 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that TrevorPaul. I went to Cutcombe Church a few weeks ago - a very wild and isolated churchyard! Think I found a Geoffrey Pugsley(?)
To be honest my most ernest mission is to trace back through the Griffiths of Dunster - got stuck at Samuel b:1741 (married Elizabeth Craze!) Any pointers?
Sprout

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 06 November 07 16:29 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, I can't help you with the DUNSTER side of things. I can only help with the Parish registers I have quoted.  Regards TrevorPaul.
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />SOMERSET: POPE, GRIFFITHS, FLOYD,BAKER, LYDDON,QUICK,CHEEK(CHEECK)<br />DERBYSHIRE:/NOTTS; GENT,CLIFFORD,SIMMS,BINGHAM, DAYKIN, JOHNSON. FOX, HOPKINSON, COOKE, DOVE<br />SEDGLEY: HICKMAN, PALMER<br />YORKSHIRE: INMAN,BOTTOMLEY,MILNES.JESSOP

Offline lvninthepast

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 30 August 08 03:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Trevor, I was hoping you could check one record for me please.  I believe I have the wrong death/burial information for Elizabeth Pugsley (nee Pasmore).  I believe she died before the 1841 census.  I had her death as after the 1841 census but this doesn't make sense with the marriage information for John and his second wife Elizabeth Adams (nee White) who I have as married 17 Nov 1837 in Tampford Brett, Somerset.

So I was hoping you wouldn't mind checking for me for a death pre 1837 for Elizabeth Pugsley (nee Pasmore).

I linked this to the previous search you did for me so hopefully this will provide the information you need to take a look. 

John Pugsley born about 1785, Cutcombe, Somerset (parents were Richard and Joan (Venn)).  Married Elizabeth Pasmore 15 Oct 1799 in Wootton Courtney, Somerset and had 6 children that we know of (details are in the email lower in this line).  His second wife, also named Elizabeth (widowed surname Adams, maiden name White) was the one who he married in 17 Nov 1837.

I have her parents as Robert and Ann but I think her mother's name was Sarah as I believe I have located her separately in the 1851 census with her mother who is a widow.  If you could take a quick peak for her baptism too I'd appreciate your help!

If I could request one further item it would be if you were able to locate the deaths for William and Elizabeth Pasmore (Elizabeth's parents). 

In the previous response you had indicated "Johns first wife Elizabeth PASMORE they married on 15 Oct 1799 at Wootten Courtney. Elizabeth was bap. on 10 Aug 1779, parents William and Elizabeth. I cannot see a marriage in W/C for them." 

I was hoping you might be able to check deaths? Or burials as I can not find anything for them in the IGI.

Many thanks,
Rhondda

Green (Glamorgan)<br />Hunt (Taff Well, Pontypridd, Bethnal Green)<br />Pugsley (Bristol) Aston (Pontycymmer)<br />Winn,<br />Springer<br />Spearing<br />Barnett<br />Hickey<br />McCann<br />Broadbent (Oldham)<br />Census information for  U.K. data is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br />Canadian census information: copyright Government of Canada (Library  Archives Canada) <br />Every reasonable effort has been made to verify copyright/source information

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 30 August 08 12:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Rhonnda, Firstly my transcribed parish records only go up the start of civil registration in 1837. I have checked my records prior to this date and can find no entry relating to a burial for Elizabeth Pugsley. I have checked the death entries on the GRO records and there is a death recorded at Taunton for an Elizabeth PUGSLEY in the March quarter of 1839. Could this be yours. Obviously if you thought it is you could request the death certificate from Southport to try and confirm it.
I'm not entirely sure from your message what details you want ie whose parents are Robert and Ann -Elizabeth Pasmore or Elizabeth Adams/White. Could you clarify please.
I have located a burial for an Elizabeth PASMORE at Wootton Courtenay on 2 Jan 1825 aged 84yrs and one for a William PASMORE on 25 Aug, 1811 aged 74yrs at the same place.
I have checked all my parish registers for the marriage of William to Elizabeth without result. If you get back to me clarifying the other points I will see what I have- or if you need anything else checking.  Regards Trevor
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />SOMERSET: POPE, GRIFFITHS, FLOYD,BAKER, LYDDON,QUICK,CHEEK(CHEECK)<br />DERBYSHIRE:/NOTTS; GENT,CLIFFORD,SIMMS,BINGHAM, DAYKIN, JOHNSON. FOX, HOPKINSON, COOKE, DOVE<br />SEDGLEY: HICKMAN, PALMER<br />YORKSHIRE: INMAN,BOTTOMLEY,MILNES.JESSOP

Offline lvninthepast

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 02:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Trevor, Thank you :o) It was Elizabeth Pasmore btw.  I appreciate your help looking into this for me.
Truly, Rhondda
Green (Glamorgan)<br />Hunt (Taff Well, Pontypridd, Bethnal Green)<br />Pugsley (Bristol) Aston (Pontycymmer)<br />Winn,<br />Springer<br />Spearing<br />Barnett<br />Hickey<br />McCann<br />Broadbent (Oldham)<br />Census information for  U.K. data is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br />Canadian census information: copyright Government of Canada (Library  Archives Canada) <br />Every reasonable effort has been made to verify copyright/source information

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 09:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Rhondda, I have checked the Wootten Courtenay parish registers and there is a baptism for Elizabeth PASMORE on 10 August 1779 parents William and Elizabeth but I believe I've already told you this. I cannot find a marriage for William and Elizabeth.  I'm not sure if that's what you wanted. If not get back to me.  Regards Trevor

Offline lvninthepast

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 13 September 08 02:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Trevor, Ok, I reread my email and it is confusing.  It even confused me when I went back the first time to answer your question...
I'm sorry!!!
Here is what I meant to ask...can you check for a baptism for Elizabeth White - daughter of Robert and Ann (or Robert and Sarah- Sarah could be Robert's second wife as I found her in the 1851 census with Elizabeth and she was listed as Elizabeth's mother). 

Also a marriage for Elizabeth White to ? Adams...pre 1837 as well.  Then his death as he would have died pre 1837.

And finally the marriage and deaths of Robert and Ann White...assumming that Ann is not actually 'Sarah' in the 1851 census.

Thanks so much :o)
Rhondda

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 13 September 08 12:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Rhondda,  I've checked for the information you require in all the Parish records in my possession, which includes Wootton Courteney, Luccombe, Selworthy, Cutcombe and Stoke Pero, and unfortuntely have nothing. There is one entry in the Luccombe register which may or may not be of interest.  Baptism on 9 Nov 1824, Mary and Elizabeth WHITE twin daughters of Robert and Elizabeth WHITE, (labourer)
 There are a lot of Adams and PUGSLEYS in the Cutcombe registers, but not any that you have mentioned. If you require anything further .. let me know.  Regards Trevor

Offline lvninthepast

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 13 September 08 17:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help Trevor,

Rhondda