Author Topic: Sedgley - Parish Records 1793-1809 not on online IGI - Alternative routes?  (Read 5040 times)

Offline bouchm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hi
I was wondering whether Segdley parish record transripts 1793-1809 are avialable on the
familysearch web site (I found other year ranges but not this one) - Is there any reason
for this.  Can this info be gotton hold of via a commercial CD?  I am far too far away to be able
to visit Staffordshire in the near future.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks
Martin Boucher

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Sedgley - Parish Records 1793-1809 not on online IGI - Alternative routes?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 October 04 13:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin
They seem to be in there but are out of year order in this list at least

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hughwallis/IGIBatchNumbers/CountyStafford_(N-Z).htm#S

I'm not sure that is much help if you can't find a particular entry. ???

Have you seen the following site? May not help but good to wander round when you have nothing else to do!

http://www.sedgleymanor.com/index.html
Rose (Black Country),Downs (Black Country),Wolloxall (any and all),Bark (Derbyshire),Wright (Derbyshire),Marsden (Derbyshire), Wallace (Black Country)

All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline bouchm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Sedgley - Parish Records 1793-1809 not on online IGI - Alternative routes?
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 October 04 17:45 BST (UK) »
Many thanks
I will check the sites out.

thanks again
Martin