Author Topic: COMPLETED THANKS BMD lookup please Victoria, Aust. please.  (Read 8413 times)

Offline Lilygirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETED THANKS BMD lookup please Victoria, Aust. please.
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 31 March 09 23:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Kate,

My gg gmother's 2nd husband's grandparents were Victor LeBlond and Marie Melanie (Gelland)! So no actual blood relationship but very interesting all the same!
I don't have much on that line but have pieced together bits of the Henderson line.
Interested to hear more about your research.
Thanks for getting in touch it's quite exciting!

Lilygirl.
downunder
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rez

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 02 April 09 09:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Lilygirl

Got your message but I am not permitted to reply until I have done three Rootschat posts.

Check out www.family.tree.freeuk.com/index.html and click on Browse The Library Of Evidence, scroll down to Biographies, select Peter Henderson. This is an excellent article about Peter Henderson and Caroline Le Blond that you should find interesting.

Cheers,
Les.

Offline rez

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 April 09 10:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Kate

Re: your two great aunts. My great great grandparents are the same John Le Blond and Helen Robertson (note the space between the Le and Blond, very important!) John Le Blond was an artist and a couple of his paintings are at the Bothwell Museum. Five or so of his paintings spread among the family at Holytown and Arbroath. We sent a small picture in for cleaning and were told there was another picture hidden underneath that had not seen light of day for decades. I have a wee water colour of his that my Nana gave me. 

Isn't it a hoot that two brothers married two sisters?

Cheers,
Les.

Offline Kate McYakker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 08:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Lilygirl & Les

So I'm only related to Lily by marriage, but Les and I are umpty cousins?  I'm guessing that Lily is in Oz and Les is in Scotland (I was born in Scotland, now live in NSW).

I'll be sure to change all my "LeBlond" records to "Le Blond" - must get these things correct!

One snippet you may find interesting.  I looked for the Le Blond family on census records, on the 1871 Hamilton census I found Jessie (Norris) at home with Douglas, John & James... where was Victor?  He was in Hamilton Jail! 

John Le Blond & Helen Robertson had eleven children that I know of, I have marriages for seven of them.  Who are you descended from Les?

Is there anywhere here I can safely leave an email address that won't be picked up by junk-mail pests?

Cheers
Kate
Scotland: McKinlay, Pryde, Beveridge: Midlothian, Fife & Lanarkshire, and Adam, Morning Renfrewshire.

Offline rez

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 12:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Kate

In reply, I am descended from my great grand-father Jules Victor Le Blond, son of John Le Blond & Helen Robertson. I was born in Scotland and came out to New Zealand as a child.

Did you find out why John's father Victor was in jail during the 1871 census? According to the Hamilton Advertiser, Victor's infant son George died from rat poisoning. Victor was imprisoned for negligence before the baby died. And Victor's wife Jessie Norris died the next year. Could it not get any worse?

In an earlier post you mentioned the seven children of Victor Le Blond and Marie Melanie Galland. I have nine children listed, the latest being discovered last week on an LDS microfilm of original source material. Edouard Le Blond (French for Edward I presume) son of Nicolas Victor Le Blond and Marie Melanie Galland, appears in the St-Roch, Paris baptism records of 1823. I had not come across Edouard previously using an LDS net search.

Hope you find something of interest here.

Cheers,
Les.

Offline Kate McYakker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 25 April 09 02:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Les

Thanks for the info on Edouard.  The other 8 I have are:
Maria 1821, Leontine 1824, Jeanne 1825, Gustave 1826, Caroline 1826, Melanie 1830 (all born St Roche, Paris) and Victor 1837 Hamilton.

I only found the census information on Victor being in Jail in 1871, nothing else.  Sounds like a very sad time for the family.  I can't imagine the thoughts going through Victor's head at the time.

How do I get online access to the Hamilton newspapers?   I don't live anywhere near a large town, so it's very difficult to find large libraries............. or I could email a cousin in Scotland who works in Hamilton, I'm sure she could point me in the right direction.

Do you have lots of information on the Robertsons (Helen & Agnes' parents) branch?  I have a little bit if you're interested, but the McGathan side was difficult (the usual problem with Scottish rellies, the name kept changing!).

Cheers
Kate
Scotland: McKinlay, Pryde, Beveridge: Midlothian, Fife & Lanarkshire, and Adam, Morning Renfrewshire.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 25 April 09 03:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Kate :)

I see from your profile that you live in NSW.

The Hamilton newspapers for the period you need may be on

Combined search (British Newspapers 1600-1900)

The British Newspapers 1600-1900 collection includes the 17th-18th Century Burney Collection Newspapers and the 19th Century British Library Newspapers.

http://www2.sl.nsw.gov.au/databases/athome.cfm

You will need to obtain a Readers Card from State Library of NSW
http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/using/membership/

and then you can access the newspaper collection via their website...once you have logged in with your card.

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rez

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 27 April 09 09:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Kate

Note that Jeanne and Caroline are the same person! Here is what I have so far regarding the children of Victor Le Blond & Melanie Galland:

Nicolas Victor Le Blond (Victor)
b. about 1791 France
d. 10 March 1871 aged about 80
   married to
Marie Melanie Galland (Melanie)
b. about 1798 France
d. 17 January 1871 age 73

Jules Francois Le Blond
b. about 1820
d. 1883 in England

Maria Cleanusice? Le Blond
b. about 1821 in France

Edouard Jibeury? Le Blond
b. 1823 St-Roch, Paris, France

Leontine Catherine Le Blond
b. 16 May 1824 St-Roch, Paris, France

Jeanne Louise Caroline Le Blond (Caroline)
b. 28 May 1825 St-Roch, Paris, France
m. 3 September 1848, Hamilton, Scotland
d. 13 August 1882 Collingwood, Victoria, Australia
married to Peter Edwin Henderson, eleven children

Gustave Le Blond
b. about 1829 France
d. 27 November 1901 Hamilton, Scotland
unmarried

Melanie Catherine Le Blond
b. about 1833 France
m. between 1865 & 1868
d. between 1865 & 1869
married 18 months before her death

Alexandre J. Le Blond (Alexander)
b. 5 October 1834 in France?
d. 15 August 1835 Scotland

Jules Victor Le Blond (Victor)
b. 23 February 1838 Hamilton, Scotland
m. 29 December 1858 Belfast Ireland
d. between 1878 & 1891
married Jessie Norris daughter of John Norris
eight children
Victor a captain in 62nd Reg of Foot

Kate, I have sent you a message with my email address.

Cheers,
Les.

Offline Camillo

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 19 February 11 13:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello folks.

I have no link to your family but whist researching something else I came across the burial record of a man with an unusual name in Glasgow,

Victor N Le Blond.

He was buried on the 13th March 1871 in Dalbeth Cemetery in Glasgow aged 80. He died of old age and was the lair owner.

The lair is Section 7 Central Division Lair 235. I can email the original if someone contacts me by pm

I'm 99% certain that there is no headstone.