Author Topic: ITALY: Where is the Tuzzio/Tuzio family from??  (Read 11991 times)

Offline Tuzzio91

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ITALY: Where is the Tuzzio/Tuzio family from??
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 29 May 18 23:17 BST (UK) »
Not to worry, found it

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 08:34 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

Not sure if this thread is still active however I'm looking to find out more about the Tuzzio Family history

I'm Hazel Tuzzio's Grandson, I did a bit of research and found that her parents were Vincent Tuzzio and Rose Elsie Caney,

Her dad, Vincent was son to Guiseppe who was son to Amadio or Anio from Sora (on the 1911 Census)

They all lived in Birmingham, 9 people to three rooms in what was called '5 House 8C Bartholomew' in the District of St Martins in Digbeth.

It would be great if anyone had anymore information or photos of the Tuzzios

Thanks,

go to www.192.com
business numbers
tuzio
Liverpool
should be at least TWO numbers for you to ring
Tuzio has a Gentleman Barber shop and a Ladies Hairdressing shop in Hunts Cross ,Liverpool - he may be able to help ...0151 486 7349 is the Barber shop number ..Frank Tuzio..problem is - as a barber he may not have time to talk ...lol

according to this site they are from Foggia - Italy
https://en.geneanet.org/fonds/individus/?go=1&nom=tuzio&prenom=&prenom_operateur=or&with_variantes_nom=&with_variantes_nom_conjoint=&with_variantes_prenom=&with_variantes_prenom_conjoint=&size=10
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 08:38 BST (UK) »
Tuzio been in Liverpool over a hundred years

https://gw.geneanet.org/mickuk2?n=tuzio&oc=&p=lorenzo
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Tuzzio91

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 10:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Garstonite,

Thanks for the info, strange how some have the extra 'z' added to the surname and others don't? I wonder why

Offline Tuzzio91

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 31 May 18 16:47 BST (UK) »
Hi again everyone,

Just wanted to let people know that if you're interested I'd be happy to recolour old photographs to bring a bit more life into them. They always seem a bit more real with colour.  Here's one I did of my great grandfather.

Offline sheronb

• RootsChat Senior
  • nan 1914
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 31 May 18 18:11 BST (UK) »
This Guiseppe Tuzi as he was born which became Tuzio then eventually Tuzzio. He came to Birmingham in 1895, was born in 1872 and died in 1943 at 47 Hertford St,Balsall Heath.

Your great grandfather Vengenzino ( Vincent though I think he was known as Sonny) was born in 1902, they messed up his surname :

Births Sep 1902   (>99%)
Zuzio    Vengezino        Birmingham    6d   61     and he died in 1943 same year as he father.

He was baptised at St Michaels Catholic Church.
Baptism name of Joannes(John) added, Godparents, Lillian Farrell and Guiseppe Tourni?

His mother was Isabella Kate Farrell and she was born 1880 and died in 1956. They were married in 1899 at St Michaels  and had 16 living children though about 3 died as children.

That's a nice photo of your great grandfather.

There is no connection to the Liverpool Tuzzio that I know.
Larden/Cecil-Birmingham/lichfield/halesowen<br />Lombardozzi-Sora-Italy<br />Tuzi/Tuzio/Tuzzio- Sora-Italy/birmingham,
La Rocca/Tersigni/Lancia-Sora-Italy
Farrell/Battle-Ireland/Birmingham
Polsinelli/Gismondi-Sora-Italy<br />Heffer/Turner-Bristol-Frampton cotterell<br />Dean/skinner-Huntley,gloucs<br />Hinkley-Aston-Juxta-Birmingham<br /><br />Mchale/Oldbury/Ireland<br />Hinton/Smith/Carter/Hercules-Worcestershire.

Offline sheronb

• RootsChat Senior
  • nan 1914
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 31 May 18 18:12 BST (UK) »
This is Guiseppe seated with an unknown friend.
Larden/Cecil-Birmingham/lichfield/halesowen<br />Lombardozzi-Sora-Italy<br />Tuzi/Tuzio/Tuzzio- Sora-Italy/birmingham,
Polsinelli/Gismondi-Sora-Italy<br />Heffer/Turner-Bristol-Frampton cotterell<br />Dean/skinner-Huntley,gloucs<br />Hinkley-Aston-Juxta-Birmingham<br /><br />Mchale/Oldbury/Ireland<br />Hinton/Smith/Carter/Hercules-Worcestershire.

Offline Tuzzio91

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 31 May 18 20:05 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Thanks for sharing the photos, they're great! and for the info, do you happen to have any photos of Vincent?

Thanks

Offline sheronb

• RootsChat Senior
  • nan 1914
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 31 May 18 20:32 BST (UK) »
No I don't sorry. Do you know what Vincent  died of? He died young. I never knew any of this side of the family.