Author Topic: Astley Shropshire..The ADAMS Family..1860-1868  (Read 10398 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Astley Shropshire..The ADAMS Family..1860-1868
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 09 February 20 06:09 GMT (UK) »
Hiya John -and a warm welcome to Rootschat ..... so we are blood related - I have Adams family in my tree from Astley back to 1790 - let me know if you want to see the tree - I am in Liverpool - where are you ?
cheers
Allan  :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline J Skears

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 09 February 20 08:21 GMT (UK) »
G'day Allan,Thank you for the offer my mother will be thrilled. Aunt Kathleen traced some of the family tree before computers became common, but her papers were lost when she died. Ester my grandmother, is buried at Whitchurch not so far from Astley, her son Elliot & family still live there. I'm in Lincolnshire and my parents are outside Boston. Look forward to hearing from you. Regards john

Offline J Skears

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 09 February 20 08:32 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Allan just to clarify, It really is Kathleen [Ester's daughter] not Kathrine as I wrote in my first post. Apologies for the error. john

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 09 February 20 08:34 GMT (UK) »
make another post - reply to this and you will have made 3 posts - that enables me to send you a Private Message - and I will send you a link to my tree which you can open and show your mum  :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Salop Adams,Backhouse,Bailey,Carter,Cartwright,Chambre,Chettoe,Cooper,Fewtrell,Gardner,Greenhouse,Gwilliam, Humphrey,Jenks,Morrey,Otherton,Parry,Pickerall,Powell,Pugh,Reeves,Reynolds,Roberts,Rogers,Salter, Whittakers,Worrall,Wright,Yale

Mont. Davies,Edwards,Hughes,Lewis,Maddox,Mapp,Pritchard
Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Brechin Allan,Barrie,Duthie,Hardie,Mathewson,Mitchell,Strachan,Thomson,Valentine,Watt
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington
Wisbech Bell,Briggs,Willcock

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 08:06 GMT (UK) »
http://www.melocki.org.uk/salop/Astley.html       23 matches

http://www.melocki.org.uk/salop/WemPart1.html      89 matches
http://www.melocki.org.uk/salop/WemPart2.html      15 matches
Thank you very much Alberbury - fascinating records - so am I right in presuming 1715 is the first Adams ?
" July 3. Elizabeth, d. of Richard Addames and Martha ... bap.
fitting that the mother was Martha Adams - same name as my G Grandmother b 1863 Astley
very interesting read indeed .- thanks again  :)

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 22 February 20 12:08 GMT (UK) »
Yes 1715 is the first Adams Addames.

http://www.melocki.org.uk/salop/Astley.html     3 Addames

ASTLEY is a chapelry in the parish of St. Mary, Shrewsbury, Diocese of Lichfield, rural deanery of Wem, and hundred and division ... and it was formerly in the Liberties of Shrewsbury. The ... acres, and the population in 1891 was 244. It lies 4 1/2 miles from Shrewsbury.

The Parish Register Abstract, 1831. gives this account ... Registers:- "Astley C. No. I, Bap., Bur., Mar., 1680-1694. (Parchment), Bap., Bur., 1695-1801. Mar 1695-1753. No. IV Bap., Bur., 1802-1812. No. V., Mar., 1754-1812."

Unfortunately Register No. I., 1680-1694, is not now to hand in Astley, although diligent search has been made for it. A ... is preserved with the existing registers, which may have been of this missing book.

https://www.shropshirearchives.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Astley.pdf

Sources on microfiche or film:
Parish and non
-
conformist church registers
** Up to 1900 on
www.findmypast.co.uk
Baptisms
Marriages
Burials
St Mary the Virgin
-
-
-
1999 (Banns)
-
This chapelr
y is very close to Hadnall so it would be worth checking the church in Hadnall if you can’t find
what you’re looking for in Astley

Salop Adams,Backhouse,Bailey,Carter,Cartwright,Chambre,Chettoe,Cooper,Fewtrell,Gardner,Greenhouse,Gwilliam, Humphrey,Jenks,Morrey,Otherton,Parry,Pickerall,Powell,Pugh,Reeves,Reynolds,Roberts,Rogers,Salter, Whittakers,Worrall,Wright,Yale

Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Brechin Allan,Barrie,Duthie,Hardie,Mathewson,Mitchell,Strachan,Thomson,Valentine,Watt
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 22 February 20 12:13 GMT (UK) »
http://www.melocki.org.uk/salop/WemPart1.html     Adams 89 matches   Addames  7 matches

http://www.melocki.org.uk/salop/WemPart2.html     Adams 15 matches   Addames  0 matches

Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 23 February 20 05:02 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both very much - I have visited Astley and Hadnall and Myddle twice - my G Grandmother was born in Astley House in 1863  :)