Author Topic: Astley Shropshire..The ADAMS Family..1860-1868  (Read 10398 times)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: astley shropshire..the adams family..1860-1868
« Reply #9 on: Friday 30 June 06 10:59 BST (UK) »
martha 1863(my g.grandmother)-

What was your G Grandfather's name?  If it was Robert Jones then this is the marriage from Free FMD:

Marriage March Quarter 1888

Martha Adams & Robert Jones
District: Atcham (which is the registration district for Astley)
Volume: 6a
Page: 861

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 30 June 06 22:37 BST (UK) »
thanks  everyone...lloydy...marthas husband(my g.grandfather was matthew john roberts born abt 1860 in welshpool..regards allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 30 June 06 22:53 BST (UK) »
lloydy...don`t you think its strange that not one of the family were buried in st marys churchyard...can you find out whether susannah adams ,(whose is the only adams headstone i could find) married one of williams sons..also ,could this be because st marys church may not have been their religion..ie...catholic or protestant...if you know the area ,what religion is st mary`s...i was there whit sunday,but didn`t  think to check what religion it was...thanks...allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 04 July 06 06:39 BST (UK) »

marthas husband(my g.grandfather was matthew john roberts born abt 1860 in welshpool.

The marriage I found wasn't the right then then?!!

I have no idea about St Mary's Church in Astley, but I can certainly find out for you.

It does seem strange that none of your ADAMS family are buried there, but there is the possiblity that they are there but without any headstones.  I know a lot of my father's ancestors are all buried in the Dolhafren Cemetery in Llanidloes but few have headstones because they simply couldn't afford them.

Next time I go to the Shropshire Archives I will check out the Astley Parish Registers for you.  According to their registers list they hold baptisms, marriages, burials, confirmations and banns for Astley.

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 04 July 06 22:15 BST (UK) »
thanks very much lloydy,that would be very generous of you..appreciated..regards..allan

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 06 August 06 11:35 BST (UK) »
lloydy...have received internment list and burial locations for st mary`s astley...you were right ...there are  EIGHT graves with my ancestors in..i now know exactly which plots they are ...thanks for your help...it is very much appreciated....regards...allan

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Astley Shropshire..The ADAMS Family..1860-1868
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 05 September 06 13:15 BST (UK) »
That's great news Allan :D

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I didn't get an email notification about this thread ???

I am just updating my look ups list for my Shropshire Archives visit.  Do you still want me to check out your ADAMS in the Astley parish registers?

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 05 September 06 18:33 BST (UK) »
hi jan...had  birth certificates from my g.grandmothers eldest brothers g.grandson(ron adams) showing sarah adams maiden name as adams...spent 12 months researching sarah as maiden name lewis.......if you go to sarah adams 1817 astley shropshire page you`ll see latest progress....sorry for wasting your time this week,but only found this out recently...need to cancel st martins ..and  sarah lewis request.... .how do i do this.??..regards...allan

Offline J Skears

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 08 February 20 18:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Have just joined roots chat and saw your post. My mother [90] asked to find about her family. Lizzie Adams of Astley was my Great Grand Mother, she died at Woodend and is buried in Blakesley churchyard Northamptonshire. Prior to moving to be with my parents Lizzie lived at Primrose Bank, Greenfield near Saddleworth, married ? to John James Lee the local gas lamplighter/Park keeper. They had one daughter Ester Adams Lee, Ester married George James Foster and produced my mother Renee 1929. Divorced soon after Ester married twice later. William Longley, 3 children, Min, Elliot, [Kathrine now dead.] When William died, Ester married his cousin Fredrick Williams.
Having only just started my search I was surprised to find your request and I hope this helps you. Regards John