Author Topic: St John Baptist Church - CLOWNE  (Read 4008 times)

Offline Jason Ridge

• RootsChat Extra
  • Genealogy Newbie !
    • View Profile
St John Baptist Church - CLOWNE
« on: Friday 30 June 06 11:49 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone lives in CLOWNE, or has records of this church, i am after looking up a grave in the grounds.

All i have is the name of PLUMB buried in the grounds of this church, from Genuki that somebody has posted, but its not much use with out the full content the burial site.

If anyone could offer any help, or even if you live near this church, could someone please have a quick look ??

I need to know which PLUMB or PLUMBS are in this grave.

many thanks,

All the best,

Jason :)
Thankyou Please !

Offline Tuppie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Arnold Ridge Lee
    • View Profile
Re: St John Baptist Church - CLOWNE
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 June 06 20:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Jason.

The records are held by the Derbyshire Acestral Research Group and the details are available if you write to them.

Clowne churchyard is a huge burial ground and it would take ages to search for the grave without a location and plan.

DARG's records are not for sale, nor available on computer, but we are very happy to answer enquiries by post - we have a wealth of experience and expertise which we are willing to share. No charges are levied, but donations are always welcome, either from fellow enthusiasts, or from those who benefit from our services.
Please write to Winifred Waterall, 86 High Street, Loscoe, Heanor, Derbyshire DE75 7LF, UK. 

Enquiries MUST be accompanied by a stamped self addressed envelope, or in the case of overseas enquiries by two International Reply Coupons. We do not make a charge for our services but a donation will be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Regards
Tuppie
LEE, ROSE, Mosborough/Eckington<br />TREWEEK, HARDWICK.Cornwall/Derbyshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
www.sheffieldindexers.com

Offline Jason Ridge

• RootsChat Extra
  • Genealogy Newbie !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 July 06 00:39 BST (UK) »
Brilliant, thanks for the info :)
Thankyou Please !

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 October 10 10:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Jason,

Did you find your Plumb graves in Clowne St John graveyard. This website mentioned only give the parish register burials up to 1909 & MI's. I have been trying to find a plan and plot record with names of people buried in St John graveyard without success as the vicar told me that this information was held at the county records office Matlock!. After searching there was no record held there for St John internments or plots/maps etc but was told they should be in the church archives under the Alter. These clergy are these floating vicars and seem to know nothing of old local or church history other than uptodate info. If there is anyone who could help in tracing these records, Sexton book of burials or even past funeral directors records of the pre 2010 graveyard history in Clowne!? I think many people would appreciate this info.

frustrated Dobby
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth