Author Topic: Baptism St mary's Drogheds Dicese meath  (Read 7318 times)

Offline tigster

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Baptism St mary's Drogheds Dicese meath
« on: Wednesday 05 July 06 21:59 BST (UK) »
I have a baptism cert for my Gt Grandmother Catherine Smith.

It Says Parish Of St Mary's Drogheda Diocese of Meath it appears in the register of baptisms that Catherine Smith was baptized on the 23rd June born 22 June 1895 by the Father John curry  that she is the daughter of James Smith and Jane Murphy.

I would like to trace Jane Murphy and the rest of her children there were seven of them. i have emailed the church but they can find no other records except the baptism how would i go about finding where they actually lived as i have no idea and also i have the 4 daughters years of births/deaths (all in Manchester) and names but no placewhere they might of lived there were also 3 sons for which i have no dates or place can any one suggest something as i am really stuck.( I dont know how to find the marriage either)
I think Jane Smith Murphy may have died young and the father James Smith took the children to england where i  have traced his death to manchester 1957 he lived to the age of 89. and out lived all of his children

I also think there may be some other family in Kilmainham around 1942.
thanks in advance for any help
Salford,Kilmainham Meath,Hackney,Belper
Smith,Nighingale,Fletcher,Taylor,Baxendale,Chapman,Storer,Atherton,Wolstenholme,Logan.

Offline Paula McA

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism St mary's Drogheds Dicese meath
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 November 16 00:19 GMT (UK) »
hi, i was having a look at some of the posts and came across yours, i had a bit of a search and i came across the marriage for james smith and jane murphy i also found one other daughter, Mary Jane,

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism St mary's Drogheds Dicese meath
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 November 16 09:48 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat  :)

This is an old query from 2006 and the poster hasn't been online since 2007. Lots of new resources have come online since then  ;)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!