Author Topic: Hendley Family = How and when did they arrive-COMPLETED WITH THANKS  (Read 2015 times)

Offline emunro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hendley Family = How and when did they arrive-COMPLETED WITH THANKS
« on: Friday 07 July 06 08:15 BST (UK) »
Between 1872 and 1876, William Hendley along with his wife, Emily and 2 sons William Louis and Louis Arthur emmigrated to Australia from England.  Cannot find any immigration records. Their fourth child, Linnett Frances Cordelia was born 1876 in Victoria, Australia. Subsequently 4 other siblings were born in Australia.  If anybody can help me with any info regarding the familys' arrival in Australia or any subsequent census info, I would be very grateful as I have hit a brick wall.
Cheers
Liz

Offline gennig

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Hendley Family = How and when did they arrive
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 July 06 08:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Liz

It would appear the family went to NZ before coming to Victoria

Leonard St John Hendley son of William & Emelie died in Lilydale 1965 Reg: 23193 Aged 92

On his marriage to Annie Elizabeth DILLOW in 1900 Reg no: 6195 His place of birth is given as NZ.

Regards

Genni
All census look up transcriptions are Crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Surnames:
Armstrong, Gray, Greco, Lambden, Le Busque, Beaton, Carron, Pitt, Gould
Areas:
Victoria, Tasmania, Hampshire, Berkshire, Yorkshire, Fermanagh, Glamorgan

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hendley Family = How and when did they arrive
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 July 06 10:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Liz,
Do you know the names of the subsequent children or their place of birth in Aust.? you may like to look at the Aust. National Archives site.  They hold all sorts of interesting records.  you might recognize a family first name after you search 'Hendley'.
Go to record search -as guest- and just put in Hendley in keywords, nothing else. Search.
Good luck.
Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk