Author Topic: 1851 Census REQUEST London/middlesex  (Read 11593 times)

Offline kermie62

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Census REQUEST London/middlesex
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 25 February 10 16:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bill1, You do come from an illustrious family

I will give you what I can.

Mary Ann Rolfe you have to be careful of because there are two mary ann rolfes, one my great x 3 times grandmother and the other her Aunt and they both married Joseph Strutts. By the information used its obvious you have her death certificate4. This place of birth is a mystery because the earlier census material gives her birthplace as Whitechapel Middlesex.

Jemmima and Rachel were the Dughters of Joseph Strutt the Record Keeper to the Duike of Northumberland at Sion House ion Isleworth. his father was Joseph Strutt the famous antiquitarian. If you send me a email address I hav be a lot of links I can send you with information.

Offline Bill1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 18 March 12 22:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kermie62
I was trolling the Cambrian newspaper archives and came across- John Bird marriage in Switzerland to Rachel Kezia Strutt . the date given for the marriage is 23 Aug 1864.

best regards
Bill1

Offline kermie62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 06 June 16 05:19 BST (UK) »
Kermie62 and Speedlove
My tree includes John Joseph Strutt Bird and I was hoping you can fill in or provided additional information or corrections. I have Joseph Strutt born 25 Nov 1766 in Ilsford, I have no information as to death date or location.
I have Mary Ann Rolfe unknown birthdate  in Hertford  and a death date of 19 May 1865 but no location.
No location or date of marriage between John Bird and Rachael Kezia Strutt other than the mention of Switzerland   garnered from this thread.

If Rachael married after the death of John Bird do you have any information.

Also missing information of the death of John Bird`s daughter Mira Ann.
Have John Joseph Strutt Bird as dying in 1906 but actual date and location questionable.

Thanks for any and all help
Bill1

Hi Bill, did I ever get back to you on this.

I suffered a computer failure and I am discovering this now.
I assume you are a descendent through John JS Bird's daughter Mabel?

SH