Author Topic: German/US genealogy... Carpenter/Zimmerman  (Read 636 times)

Offline erthomas

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
German/US genealogy... Carpenter/Zimmerman
« on: Saturday 08 July 06 08:25 BST (UK) »
i need help with some German/US genealogy if possible.  I am trying to find information on a John Carpenter born most likely in the early to mid 1730s in Germany.  He immigrated to the US and married Druscilla Tomlinson in about 1761 in Maryland.  It is believed that he changed his name when he immigrated and that it had originally been Zimmerman.  He had six children, John, Robert (Robin), Anna, Daniel or David, Joseph, and Thomas.  It is believed that he died in Virginia, now West Virginia.  All of my information is from a book that I recently found on my family.  Any help finding John in either the US or Germany or any advice on where to go from here would be appreciated.

erin
Baggett, Beedon, Boddaugh, Bowman<br />Cain, Cannell, Carpenter, Clague, Cottier, Cowen, Craine, Creer, Cubbon<br />Doyle<br />Hartrick<br />Juke<br />Kaighin<br />McLaughlin, Martin, Moore, Murphy<br />O'Boyle, O'Donnell, Owen(s)<br />Quilliam<br />Radcliffe, Ratzel<br />Semple, Sewell, Shimmin, Snider, Spence, Stevens<br />Taylor, Thomas<br />Walters, Watterson, Wells<br />Younker<br /><br />..............should i continue?  :P