Author Topic: All Knowles' Can you search your trees please?  (Read 1507 times)

Offline em79

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
All Knowles' Can you search your trees please?
« on: Sunday 09 July 06 19:14 BST (UK) »
 ??? My Granddad is being ellusive.  I am so lost with this! So as a bit of a last resort I am asking all Knowles family searchers to check their trees for a Percy Knowles - born c1913 son of a John William Knowles and wife Elizabeth Hulse.  I have the Hulse side but it the Knowles side i cannot find.  John William was KIA in WW1.  Maybe he's in your family! they lived in Bolton/Tyldesley or Leigh area of Manchester.  thankyou!!! ???  ::)
Searching for:
Knowles

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline adicol

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: All Knowles' Can you search your trees please?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 July 06 11:43 BST (UK) »
I have found two marriages for a Percy Knowles

The first was in 1938 to a Alice Evitts at Tyldesdale Street George Church or Register office in Wigan and Leigh District.
The other was in 1945 to a Ethel Reeks at Bedford Methodist, Leigh

All the Best,

Colleen
DUR; Stephenson, Wray, Collier, Lowther,Rothery
GLA; Jones, Allen, Holland, Nicholas,George,Lewis
ESS; Davey
W.Yorks; Martin, Hodgson, Tyler,Harrold
LAN; Dodd, Constable, Brinkley
Guernsey; Le Riche

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline em79

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 July 06 10:35 BST (UK) »
Thank you Adicol, i do have a copy of a marriage certificate for Percy Knowles he married an Alice Russell in Hull.  some time during the ww2.  how he ended up in Hull i have no idea nor does anyone else though either.  my grandma alice was born here though and her family although both of them died before i was born.  i think i'm flying blind on this one!!!

but thanks again for helping try to solve the mystery!
Searching for:
Knowles

Offline DONandLIZZ

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 June 07 16:04 BST (UK) »
i am a KNOWLES and i was born in dublin in 1979. my family knowles has a connection in england. william knowles is my father and he may have been born in england  about 1945. i will try to find out more.

Offline Dot22

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 April 19 22:39 BST (UK) »
??? My Granddad is being ellusive.  I am so lost with this! So as a bit of a last resort I am asking all Knowles family searchers to check their trees for a Percy Knowles - born c1913 son of a John William Knowles and wife Elizabeth Hulse.  I have the Hulse side but it the Knowles side i cannot find.  John William was KIA in WW1.  Maybe he's in your family! they lived in Bolton/Tyldesley or Leigh area of Manchester.  thankyou!!! ???  ::)

If you are still with roots I can help you with your research my family is Barnes nee hulse . I have a photo And info