Author Topic: All Knowles' Can you search your trees please?  (Read 1784 times)

Offline em79

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
All Knowles' Can you search your trees please?
« on: Sunday 09 July 06 19:14 BST (UK) »
 ??? My Granddad is being ellusive.  I am so lost with this! So as a bit of a last resort I am asking all Knowles family searchers to check their trees for a Percy Knowles - born c1913 son of a John William Knowles and wife Elizabeth Hulse.  I have the Hulse side but it the Knowles side i cannot find.  John William was KIA in WW1.  Maybe he's in your family! they lived in Bolton/Tyldesley or Leigh area of Manchester.  thankyou!!! ???  ::)

Offline adicol

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: All Knowles' Can you search your trees please?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 July 06 11:43 BST (UK) »
I have found two marriages for a Percy Knowles

The first was in 1938 to a Alice Evitts at Tyldesdale Street George Church or Register office in Wigan and Leigh District.
The other was in 1945 to a Ethel Reeks at Bedford Methodist, Leigh

All the Best,

Colleen
DUR; Stephenson, Wray, Collier, Lowther,Rothery
GLA; Jones, Allen, Holland, Nicholas,George,Lewis
ESS; Davey
W.Yorks; Martin, Hodgson, Tyler,Harrold
LAN; Dodd, Constable, Brinkley
Guernsey; Le Riche

Offline em79

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 July 06 10:35 BST (UK) »
Thank you Adicol, i do have a copy of a marriage certificate for Percy Knowles he married an Alice Russell in Hull.  some time during the ww2.  how he ended up in Hull i have no idea nor does anyone else though either.  my grandma alice was born here though and her family although both of them died before i was born.  i think i'm flying blind on this one!!!

but thanks again for helping try to solve the mystery!

Offline DONandLIZZ

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 June 07 16:04 BST (UK) »
i am a KNOWLES and i was born in dublin in 1979. my family knowles has a connection in england. william knowles is my father and he may have been born in england  about 1945. i will try to find out more.

Offline Dot22

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 April 19 22:39 BST (UK) »
??? My Granddad is being ellusive.  I am so lost with this! So as a bit of a last resort I am asking all Knowles family searchers to check their trees for a Percy Knowles - born c1913 son of a John William Knowles and wife Elizabeth Hulse.  I have the Hulse side but it the Knowles side i cannot find.  John William was KIA in WW1.  Maybe he's in your family! they lived in Bolton/Tyldesley or Leigh area of Manchester.  thankyou!!! ???  ::)

If you are still with roots I can help you with your research my family is Barnes nee hulse . I have a photo And info