Author Topic: Parish Registers for Berwick-Upon -Tweed 1572-1924  (Read 15835 times)

Offline janer

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Registers for Berwick-Upon -Tweed 1572-1924
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 08 September 12 12:24 BST (UK) »
Hello in Berwick , by any chance are you still doing look ups ?

Kind regards Jane , Australia

Offline MaryElen

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 12 November 15 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Robert Tait and Janet Graham had FIVE sons in all. One of them was my great, great, great grandfather Alexander Hay Tait (b. abt.1790 Berwick) who became a master blacksmith moving with his wife Elizabeth Forsyth (b. Roxburgh) from Berwick to Wick in Caithness.  In 1841 His father Robert Tait, a widower, was living with Alexander and Elizabeth in Wick.  Alexander and Elizabeth's daughter, Mary Tait, married John Macdonald, also a blacksmith.  Their daughter Jane Paterson Macdonald married John Johnston, master plumber who were parents of my grandmother, Catherine Isabella Johnston and they lived in Kirkwall on Orkney. The gravestone of Alexander Hay Tait and Elizabeth Tait lies in Old Cemetery, Wick.  So James, Robert, Andrew and William were my great, great, great uncles! Alexander Hay Tait was first son of Robert Tait and Janet Graham.
MaryElen, South Wales, UK

Offline heathera1940

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 13 November 15 13:42 GMT (UK) »
many thanks for this. I can now fill in gaps on my Hastie family tree

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 26 December 15 14:32 GMT (UK) »
I have requested this 4 reel microfilm from the LDS. I have hit a brick wall of years standing and I am determined to get past it.  I am willing to look up for folks... but, I will need specific information and please...if the information is not that important to a tree or can be verified elsewhere..be kind.

Sharon
Sharon, if your still doing the lookups could you possibly look for the marriage of Thomas crumlish born Ireland and mabel Renwick, they had 3 daughters but I am beginning to think they never got married ,even though they are on census records as married,I think it should be in the 1860s to 70s ,thankyou
Ayrshire,Kennedy,Faulds,Cuthbert,Crawford,Young,Edgar,Bell
Dundee,Nicol,Cant,Kennedy,Jamison,
Dumfrieshire,Wilson,Maxwell,Lammie,Cowan,Young,