Author Topic: 6th Btn Somerset Light Infantry.  (Read 978 times)

Offline smithy.

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
6th Btn Somerset Light Infantry.
« on: Wednesday 12 July 06 10:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Everybody, I'm researching - 52887 Private Harry Pickles of the 6th Btn Somerset Light Infantry, Harry was KIA 11/09/1918 at the front line, Cambrin Sector, south of La Basee Canal. The 6th Somersets & 18th Gloucesters pushed the line forward a short distance on the 11th Sept 1918,
Capt C.H.Cook & LT'S F.W.Parsons & R.G.Benham were wounded, the latter dying of wounds.
Capt Cook was awarded the MC in this action.
Does anybody have a copy of the war diaries for this day or any photographs of the 6th Btn, or any interests or other relevant information about the 6th Btn Somerset Light Infantry or does anybody live near the regimental museum in Taunton any help would be appreciated as i live in OZ.
Thanks Smithy  ;)
Baird, Goodall, Hawkridge, Jenkinson, Pickles, Skipworth, Smith, Sutcliffe, Tapster.

Offline manchester regt

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 6th Btn Somerset Light Infantry.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 July 06 10:56 BST (UK) »
smithy,go on the great war forum and give annette a shout,she goes under the avitar 6th shropshires,she has the war diaries and she wrote a book about them,i think at the last count,she had details of about 30,000 men who served in the shropshires,good luck,mack
manchester regiment,ww1