Author Topic: Le Goupillot Family  (Read 20384 times)

Offline lou parker

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Le Goupillot Family
« Reply #9 on: Monday 27 February 12 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi again
I have gained most of my information from the census and by writing to the family history people on Gurnsey, if I have some wrong in my tree I would certainly welcome any corrections. I will send you a personal message with my home email on it to make it easier for us to comunicate
Ed

hi my nanna was from guernsey her name was elsie le goupillot born 1929 her father was cecil who do i write to for more information please
lou parker

Offline Ed the Cat

• RootsChat Member
  • Dad and the late furry one greatly missed
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 29 February 12 07:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lou
I dont have an Elise  or Cecil in my tree as far as I can see :(  . However Guernsey have a very good family history group

Family History Section of La Societe Guernesiaise, PO Box 314, St Peters Port Guernsey, GY1 3SG
I have found them very help ful

Allen, Brooks, Collier, Chapman, Crick, Le Goupillot, Dillyestone, Ramsey,Bacon, Swatman, Beevor/Beever, Bushe, Bowgen,Gascogine, Bareham, Veal, Cudmore

Offline Kelpie6er

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 29 May 12 17:54 BST (UK) »
I've only just come to this site but can offer a few comments on this family.  JPVF was my great-great grandfather and he moved to Alderney in the late 1840's as a construction worker on the breakwater.  He then seems to have decided to stay and is listed on the 1861 census as an agricultural labourer.  I have 5 children for him - one born in France the rest on Alderney. By 1871 the family are living in St. Martins, Guernsey.  After that it gets a bit confusing.

Has anyone sorted out the 'Augustus' link yet?  I think there might be some connection purely because so many of the children have Augustus or Augustine as one of their names, but I have never been able to make a definite connection with anyone in France.  I am assuming they are originally from the Cherbourg area but if I'm wrong, please tell me!

With reference to Elsie Le Goupillot, I had a great-aunt named Elsie le Goupillot - she married Wilfred Le Goupillot, my grandmother's younger brother.  I don't have much other information I'm afraid - for instance I do not know her maiden name.

Offline Zeenquant2

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 10 November 12 08:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

if Wilfred was your grand mothers younger brother then your grandmother would have been a Violet or Daisy.

Elsie was a Dowinton.

Offline Missingfamily

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 17 October 14 17:43 BST (UK) »
Hi lou, I don't suppose your going to see this, but in the family tree you have, are there any Reid's in it? As my dads dad was cecil legoupillot. My dad then had his named changed to Reid. My dads mum was called Ellen, maiden name  Bickerstaff.

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 08 August 17 12:20 BST (UK) »
I'm researching my Grandfathers family, I have managed to trace them back to 1757. What I'm trying to find out is who was the mother of John Pierre Victor Francois Goupillot  born 1823 his father was Auguste Bienamie born 1803. I do know that Jon Pierre married Jeanne Marie Victoria Morin and two of thier daughters worked for Victor Hugo (one being mentioned in his diaries) If any one can help I would be most grateful, this is the missing part in my tree.
Many thanks

A Jean Pierre Victor LEGOUPILLOT got married to a Jeanne Marie Victoire MORIN in Les Perques (Manche) in 1845 (23/APR/1845)

http://www.archives-manche.fr/ark:/57115/a011288085771TtxoRM/041d686dc2

but his father is named Jean Pierre François LEGOUPILLOT. Mother Victoire Françoise ROULLAND

He was born in 1822 in Rauville la Bigot and she was born in Les Perques in 1821 (parents Charles François MORIN and Jeanne Françoise BEGIN).

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 08 August 17 12:43 BST (UK) »
Jean Pierre François LE GOUPILLOT passed away in Cherbourg in 1873 (16/APR/1873). First wife Victoire Rosalie Françoise ROULLAND. Second wife Euphrosine Marie Charlotte DUHAMEL.
Birthplace Martinvast
Date of birth 12/OCT/1795
Parents : Georges LE GOUPILLOT and Marie Jeanne Françoise ADAM

http://www.archives-manche.fr/ark:/57115/a011288085768X72TXS/f602b1ef08

http://gw.geneanet.org/genea50com?lang=fr&p=jean+pierre+francois&n=legoupillot

Second marriage in Cherbourg in 1861 (religious ceremony)

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-6P3H-3JC?mode=g

http://gw.geneanet.org/centaur68?n=legoupillot&oc=&p=jean+pierre+francois

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 08 August 17 13:00 BST (UK) »
Another LE GOUPILLOT family in Jersey

Auguste François LE GOUPILLOT and Jeanne Marie ROUSSEL

Their daughter Marie Augustine LE GOUPILLOT (born in Saint-Hélier 29/FEB/1848) got married in Paris 13th arrondissement) in 1872 to Charles LOEW

http://gw.geneanet.org/bischoff?n=le+goupillot&oc=&p=marie+augustine.

Ancestors of the actress Claudette COLBERT https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudette_Colbert

Offline essexclark

• RootsChat Extra
  • Name: Diane
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 12 September 19 06:51 BST (UK) »
I just noticed your post below.  I have Auguste B. Goupillot in my tree, born c1803 France.  I have his 2nd wife as Mary Judith Le Page born c1836 St Sampson, Guernsey and died 11 Jul 1876.  Mary married Auguste between 1861 and 1871. Mary was my gtx 3 grandfather's niece and d/o James Le Page and Rachel Tabel (sister of my gt x 3 grandfather).  I don't know if she had any children with Auguste.

I'm researching my Grandfathers family, I have managed to trace them back to 1757. What I'm trying to find out is who was the mother of John Pierre Victor Francois Goupillot  born 1823 his father was Auguste Bienamie born 1803. I do know that Jon Pierre married Jeanne Marie Victoria Morin and two of thier daughters worked for Victor Hugo (one being mentioned in his diaries) If any one can help I would be most grateful, this is the missing part in my tree.
Many thanks
Greenock, Scotland: Millar
Devon: Dimond/Diment/Diamond, Baily.
Somerset: Druce/Drews, Rawlings
Durham: Fenton, Emmerson
Staffordshire & Shropshire: Ray Brown, Jones, Goulding/Golding
Wiltshire: Conduit, Fruen, Alford, Dyer, Titt, Butt, Potter, Wilkins/Wilkens/Wilkence, Dunning, Garrett, Newman, Shrimpton, Goodall/Good, Harding/e, Geoffrie, Gibbs, Franklin, Elliot, Hinton, Pearce.
Kent: Percival, Kidd, Green, Croft, Baker, Eason,
Cornwall, Eng: Jewell,
Middlesex: Percival, Blake, Cooper