Author Topic: Le Goupillot Family  (Read 20351 times)

Offline Ed the Cat

• RootsChat Member
  • Dad and the late furry one greatly missed
    • View Profile
Le Goupillot Family
« on: Saturday 15 July 06 21:37 BST (UK) »
I'm researching my Grandfathers family, I have managed to trace them back to 1757. What I'm trying to find out is who was the mother of John Pierre Victor Francois Goupillot  born 1823 his father was Auguste Bienamie born 1803. I do know that Jon Pierre married Jeanne Marie Victoria Morin and two of thier daughters worked for Victor Hugo (one being mentioned in his diaries) If any one can help I would be most grateful, this is the missing part in my tree.
Many thanks
Allen, Brooks, Collier, Chapman, Crick, Le Goupillot, Dillyestone, Ramsey,Bacon, Swatman, Beevor/Beever, Bushe, Bowgen,Gascogine, Bareham, Veal, Cudmore

Offline Mike E

• Email notifications have been turned off
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Le Goupillot Family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 August 06 18:20 BST (UK) »
Hi -

I think I have the family in 1841 census, Guernsey, but the enumerator is a bit mean with the details:

1841 Guernsey, St Peter Port distr. 4, page 1, piece 11, folio 26
No.1 Commercial Arcade
A.B. Goupillot  38  Grocer  b: France
Mrs S Goupillot  30            b: Guernsey
Anne   7
L  [female]   3
Augustine  2

Unfortunately I did not find JPVF Goupillot.

Mike
Entwistle (Bolton and Edgworth)
Cook(e) (Manchester and Warwicks)
Whitaker (Lancs and Cumberland)
McMillen and Palmer (Co Down)
Hyde and Oakley (Staffs)
Lovet, Edwards and Clark (Salop)
Ratcliffe, Walker and Ruffley (Lancs)
Sainsbury (Gloucs, Cornwall and Yorks)
Laundry (Cornwall)
Waterhouse and Haigh (Yorks)
Bird, Rendel / Rendle, Bull, Stoodley, Shoemake / Shoemark, Groves, Baker, Hallett, Burford, Gaylard, Mounter, Highmore (Somerset)
Barber, Brown (Cheshire)
Waterfield (Derby)

Offline Ed the Cat

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 August 06 18:44 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for that Mike, this A B Goupillot is my 4xGt Grandfather. He married Rachel Carre (1829)with whom he definately had two children  - Male (born and died 1831), and Augustus Thomas(b 1835). JPVF (wonderful initials) was born 1823 so I think that 6 years is a bit of a too bigger gap. He then married Sophie who is Mrs S Goupillot in 1841 ish
Because Auguste was born in Cherbourg I wonder if JPVF was born there and went to the Channel Islands with his father ( and possibily his mother) and so there is no record of his birth in the Channel Islands

Many thanks again
Ed
Allen, Brooks, Collier, Chapman, Crick, Le Goupillot, Dillyestone, Ramsey,Bacon, Swatman, Beevor/Beever, Bushe, Bowgen,Gascogine, Bareham, Veal, Cudmore

Offline mederic1603

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 03 June 09 10:56 BST (UK) »
Hello Ed,

I live in France (Normandy) et I believe that the family Le Goupillot (it's my name) came from Cotentin (around Cherbourg). Perhaps some of them left to go to work in channel islands. I would try to find connections between names from my tree and persons found in channel islands census.

Do you know the names of women Le Goupillot who worked for Victor Hugo in Guernsey ?

Regards

Offline alpinecottage

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 03 June 09 14:39 BST (UK) »
Ed the Cat, I suppose you know that there is a Victor Hugo Museum on Guernsey, in his old house, who may be able to help if you need really obscure information.  Tel 01481 721911.
Perrins - Manchester and Staffs
Honan - Manchester and Ireland
Hogg - Manchester 19 cent
Anderson - Newcastle mid 19 cent
Boullen - London then Carlisle then Manchester
Comer - Manchester and Galway

Offline Ed the Cat

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 03 June 09 19:11 BST (UK) »
Hello Ed,

I live in France (Normandy) et I believe that the family Le Goupillot (it's my name) came from Cotentin (around Cherbourg). Perhaps some of them left to go to work in channel islands. I would try to find connections between names from my tree and persons found in channel islands census.

Do you know the names of women Le Goupillot who worked for Victor Hugo in Guernsey ?

Yes I do they are my Gt Gt Aunts Augustine and ....... sorry its 0600 here in NZ :) I will post more information tonight when I get home
many thanks
Ed
Regards

Offline Ed the Cat

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 04 June 09 09:43 BST (UK) »
Mederic, I have sent you a personal message with some more details.
Ed

Offline mederic1603

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 04 June 09 16:19 BST (UK) »
Hello Ed,

Thanks a lot for the news

It's funny. I found a Jean Pierre Victor Le Goupillot in my tree. He is also born in 1823 near Cherbourg. But his father was not Augustus... I don't know what he became after his birth

I am new on this site, so I can't still send PM. I believe that i have to post three message before.

Bye

Offline Ed the Cat

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 05 June 09 08:42 BST (UK) »
Hi again
I have gained most of my information from the census and by writing to the family history people on Gurnsey, if I have some wrong in my tree I would certainly welcome any corrections. I will send you a personal message with my home email on it to make it easier for us to comunicate
Ed