Author Topic: Finding Annie Beatrice Mooney  (Read 1136 times)

Offline meyersje2005

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Finding Annie Beatrice Mooney
« on: Sunday 16 July 06 08:21 BST (UK) »
Annie Beatrice Mooney was born 1884 in Antrim and her husband William Gardner was born in Antrim in 1885. Please help finding more information about these ancestors.  They married in 1905 in St Anne's Church Belfast.
My wife is looking for parents of Annie Mooney and William Gardner.
Australia
Meyers, Lewis, lazarus, Dorn, Gardner, Mooney, Woods and Williams
Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, England, Wales, Jersey

Offline Tees

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Finding Annie Beatrice Mooney
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 July 06 19:12 BST (UK) »
Hi!

Have you looked for them on the website of AncestryIreland.com?

Hopefully, you do know the couple's fathers' names--it should be on the marriage record from St. Anne's.

What I can suggest is to start with the couple's marriage record on this website--and working backward from the marriage date/information.

Also, you can try the IGI (International Generation Indexes) on FamilySearch.org.

I wish you the best of luck and every success in finding your couple.

Kind regards

Tees

Offline Tees

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 July 06 19:22 BST (UK) »
Hi again!

I have looked up on them on IGI--it seems there are only two entries on Annie Mooney in Ireland. There are many entries on William Garnder but no entry on him in Ireland, mostly are in England, a few in Scotland and Wales.

Perhaps it would be better if we know their siblings' names and it will narrow your searches in finding the couple's birthplaces.

Kind regards

Tees

Offline Tees

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 July 06 19:30 BST (UK) »
Hi again!!!

Here is a good news---there is a birth record on Annie Beatrice Mooney on ancestryireland.com!! She was born in 1884 and in Co. Antrim. You would have to purchase this record in order to see the details.

Also, there is a birth record on her husband, William Gardner, in 1885 and in Co. Antrim on this website.

Again, you would have to purchase this record in order to see the details.

I am confident that two entries I see on this website is yours.  ;D

Kind regards

Tees

Offline meyersje2005

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 17 July 06 07:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Tess

more information from my wife that I did not have yesterday. I have looked at the website that you recommended and Clare will join that ancestryireland.com
Tracing Family

My Grandparents were William and Annie Beatrice Gardner (nee Mooney) both born in Antrim, Northern Ireland.  They were married at St Anne’s Parish of Belfast on 9th August 1905.   They must have moved to Australia sometime between 1905 and 1909 when my mother was born in Australia.

I have their registrations of Birth, Marriage, and death certificates.  Both died in Australia.

William Gardner (Born 1885) Parents were:  Richard Gardner and Mary Ann Hart.  Of these two I have no information at all.   Tried to find a marriage registry entry when in Northern Ireland earlier this year – but nothing.

Annie Beatrice Gardner (nee Mooney) (Born 1884) Parent’s were: Francis Mooney and Sarah Patterson.  I have no further information on these two either, although I have found that my grandmother (Annie Beatrice) was the youngest of several siblings.

Siblings in date order:   Ellen          1866
         Francis William    1869
         Charles Alexander    1872
         Philip Francis      1875
         Samuel Thomas   1878
         John Joseph      1880
Annie Beatrice      1884 (my Grandmother)

I hope this information may lead to some more contacts!!!

Clare Meyers 

Meyers, Lewis, lazarus, Dorn, Gardner, Mooney, Woods and Williams
Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, England, Wales, Jersey