Author Topic: Evans, Sheens,Davies  (Read 6695 times)

Offline TEISAR

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Evans, Sheens,Davies
« on: Sunday 16 July 06 08:31 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find any information on the Sheens, of Glascwm,Evans, Glascwm, bettws diserth.Mathew Evans married Elinor Sheen in 1821,possibly the daughter of John Sheen, their son Hugh was born around 1840.I believe Mathew was the son of Ann and James Evans of Bettws diserth, and that he was born 1798,but only one census puts his age right the others put him as being born 1801.
Hugh married a Mary, and looking through the marriage index's she may be a Mary Davies and would have been married in 1861,could anyone be able to look up this for me?Hugh's father would be down as Mathew.
Thanks for any help.

Moderator comment: e-mail address removed to prevent spam and other abuses.  Please use Personal Message to contact individual Rootschatters

Offline kmo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Evans, Sheens,Davies
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 July 06 12:59 BST (UK) »
The Glascwm parish register from 1681 -1901 has been transcribed and published in booklet and on CD.It's available from
www.parishchest.com
Click on Family history societies then Powys FHS.
I've been told that the parish registers for Bettws Disserth are sketchy with gaps. Services were often conducted by visiting clergy and the details recorded in their home church register.

If you find any link to a Ann Evans 1796-1855 I would be interested.
She married in Glascwm, 1817 to Thomas Price  (Alltycorrin) and then in 1831 to Samuel Price.

Offline JEdwinJones43

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 May 11 22:50 BST (UK) »
I have done a great amount of work to piece together the Sheen families of Radnorshire. Some are indirectly related to my tree, on both father's and mother's side.
The Evans families around the Glascwm area, which includes Franksbridge is of greater interest to me.
William Evans (Wernhusmon/Llanhowell) married my great grandfather's niece, Mary Louise Jones, and the name is spread all over the area.
Any help out there ?????

John E. Jones

Offline TEISAR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 13 May 11 09:48 BST (UK) »
Jan.It was a good whiile since I posted that, and thanks to this forum I did obtain a good bit of information, namely via a will that Danzey Sheen was the father of elinor not John who I mistook as a father because he was a witness.
I also strongly suspect there are Prices in my Evans line because Price Evans was one of Hughs children and I know from experience that they did name children with old family ties in mind.
I later managed to find that my fathers family also had relatives in the area, owen/owens and Jones, it's a small world.