Author Topic: HOWLETT Family in Tring  (Read 3394 times)

Offline Vic Emb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HOWLETT Family in Tring
« on: Saturday 22 July 06 23:54 BST (UK) »
Do you have any of the following in your researches?

Thomas Howlett, (1851-1917) started the old grocer's/post office on corner of Kings' St., Tring. His wife was Louisa Bachelor, (1853-1938) & their eight children were William, Florence, Percy, Harold, Archibald, Georgina, Cyril & Leonard.

His father was also Thomas Howlett, (1816-1890), his mother Fanny Goodson, (1816-1900) and his siblings were John, James, Robert, Joseph, William & Phillis.

I believe that Thomas senior's parents were James Howlett, 1762, and Rebecca Kipping.

I would be interested to hear from anyone with Howlett- Bachelor- Goodson- Kipping links.

Vic
Angless/Angliss - Stepney/London
Bond - Diss, Norfolk & surrounding area
Bond - Pimlico & Sunderland
Charman - London, Worth/Sussex. Horne/Surrey
Cobb - Diss, Scole, Thelveton
Harold - Diss, Scole, Stuston, E. Harling
Holman - Worth, Balcombe, Ardingley
Howlett - Wortham/Suffolk
Howlett - Tring/Herts
Malthouse - Worth/Sussex
Place - Houghton-le-Spring

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline lauraproud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: HOWLETT Family in Tring
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 July 15 13:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Vic

i have a James Howlett 1786 Married to Rebecca Kipping 1786-1817 ( my 5th x Great Aunt)
i only have Thomas down as a child 1816-1890 Married Fanny Goodson.

Regards Laura
PROUD,WATSON,MASON,MILBURN,ARMSTRONG,DAVISON,STOREY,CAWTHORN,MILLEN all from Durham/Northumberland/Newcastle/Gateshead area

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline HBRetired

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 May 19 23:48 BST (UK) »
Hi
My grandmother was Alice Howlett (1896-1989), daughter of Joseph Daniel Howlett (1869-1937) & Anna Maria Larsen (1876-1965), granddaughter of Joseph Howlett (1845-1912) and Jemima Bull (1846-1921), great granddaughter of Thomas Howlett (Abt. 1917-1890) & Frances Goodson (Abt. 1817-1900), GGgranddaughter of James Howlett and Rebecca Kipping.
Selena

Offline HBRetired

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 10 May 19 23:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Laura
Saw your response to Vic and the photo.  Is this a photo of James Howlett and Rebecca Kipping and their son Thomas?
Selena