Author Topic: Completed Cemetery in Lochnaw  (Read 4379 times)

Offline waiteohman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Completed Cemetery in Lochnaw
« on: Sunday 23 July 06 03:41 BST (UK) »
Hello

My Margaret Neil was buried December 22, 1838 in Lochnaw, Leswalt at the age of 19.

Would anyone be able to tell me the cemeteries in Lochnaw or would this be the name of the cemetery?

Linda

Dorman, Waite, Moore, Clark/Clarke, Neil, Rennie/Rainey, Brown, Mclean, Day, Millar/Miller, Gunion/Gunzion, Thomson, Black, Milvain, McCubbin, Steadman, Kirby

bervonian

Re: Cemetery in Lochnaw
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 July 06 09:45 BST (UK) »
If you go to:
freepages.history.rootsweb.com/~leighann/parishes/leswalt/leswalt2.html
you'll find information on Leswalt and Lochnaw.
There are the ruins of the Old Parish Church to the west of the village, and on the east side is its successor, Leswalt Parish Church (1827-8).  I'm fairly sure that the Dumfries & Galloway Family History Society has published the Memorial Inscriptions of the cemetery.

Isles.

bervonian

« Reply #2 on: Sunday 23 July 06 10:41 BST (UK) »
Linda,

If you go to:

www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/leswalt/leswalt/index.html

you'll see photos of Leswalt village.  The Dumfries & Galloway FHS havetranscribed and published the memorial inscriptions of Leswalt Old Kirkyard (£2.50).
Their website is:

www.dgfhs.org.uk/dgfhs/pubs/1-dgfhs.htm

If you should have received this twice, my apologies.  I don't think it went through.

Isles.

Offline waiteohman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 23 July 06 16:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you Isles

I took a look at the sites. It was nice to see a picture of the church.

I will send a thread to see if another roots member has the publication and if not look into acquiring.

Cheers,
Linda
Dorman, Waite, Moore, Clark/Clarke, Neil, Rennie/Rainey, Brown, Mclean, Day, Millar/Miller, Gunion/Gunzion, Thomson, Black, Milvain, McCubbin, Steadman, Kirby