Author Topic: McKenzie, Munro. Resolis  (Read 2856 times)

Offline Pax1960

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McKenzie, Munro. Resolis
« on: Sunday 23 July 06 17:57 BST (UK) »
My ancestors were Donald McKenzie and Isabella Munro who were married in Resolis in 1829. I only know about 1 son, Andrew, who is my g-g-grandfather. I know nothing else. Would love to know Donalds or Isabella's parents. I think they had another child, Jane but not sure. Anything would be great.
thanks
Paul

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McKenzie, Munro. Resolis
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 August 06 15:38 BST (UK) »
Hello Paul

First of all - a warm welcome to Rootschat  :)

If you are new to Scottish research, there are a considerable number of records and resources available that might enable us to find out more about these anscestors of yours - Old Parish Records, censuses 1841-1901 and birth, marriage and death registrations (after 1855). These are all described on this thread:-

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,24468.0.html

To try and help you find more information, could you tell us when and where  Andrew was born. Even an approximation would help. Also do you have any marriage information on Andrew - date, place, etc, this again would help locate his parents (If in Scotland - it would show the occupation of the father and whether or not the parents were deceased).

It's always best to work back from information that you know.

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 August 06 19:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul

With the extra information you provided, I checked for baptisms on all the available resources I have for Donald and Isabella 1770 -1815.

There are some Donalds but none that look likely in the area. Isabella or even I* doesn't come up with anything.

It might be that someone locally (Black Isle) might be able to check but ..............

Sorry  :(

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline torrygirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 August 06 18:40 BST (UK) »
Did you get the info I sent you offline.
Torrygirl