Author Topic: John Higgins born Cloonfad, Roscommon  (Read 4233 times)

Offline ev2210

• I am sorry but my emails are not working at the moment
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Higgins born Cloonfad, Roscommon
« on: Monday 24 July 06 22:13 BST (UK) »
Trying to trace the family of John Higgins born c 1900 in Cloonfad, Roscommon, Eire.  his mothers maiden name was Sharkey.  They moved to the US, John married a May or Mary ??? They had 3 children Patricia, Kathleen and James (Jimmy).   Would like to reconnect with this family.  My mother was a Sharkey, first cousin to John Higgins.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline JSharkey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Higgins born Cloonfad, Roscommon
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 February 07 14:58 GMT (UK) »
I am related to Elizabeth Higgins who married Bernard Sharkey from Cloonfad. She was born in 1854 and he in 1850. The emigrated to the US in 1870. As I do our family tree I see Higgins and Sharkey all the time. I'm wondering if there might be some connection?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ev2210

• I am sorry but my emails are not working at the moment
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 February 07 16:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi again John.

I am sure we are related in some way.  Especially as we have the Cloonfad connection.   Do you have much information on the Higgins side.  I know that John who was born in Cloonfad in my grandparents house, was born about 1910, he was the son of James ???? Higgins and I believe   Mary Sharkey, my grandfathers sister, other siblings of my grandfather were Margaret, Patrick, and Bridget, his Mum was a Mary Healy.

Offline JSharkey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 16 February 07 17:05 GMT (UK) »
The only information I have is her name and her dob. I am just starting out on the journey of collecting the family history, so I'm afraid I will be less than helpful right now.

Jack