Author Topic: John Higgins born Cloonfad, Roscommon  (Read 4590 times)

Offline ev2210

• I am sorry but my emails are not working at the moment
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Higgins born Cloonfad, Roscommon
« on: Monday 24 July 06 22:13 BST (UK) »
Trying to trace the family of John Higgins born c 1900 in Cloonfad, Roscommon, Eire.  his mothers maiden name was Sharkey.  They moved to the US, John married a May or Mary ??? They had 3 children Patricia, Kathleen and James (Jimmy).   Would like to reconnect with this family.  My mother was a Sharkey, first cousin to John Higgins.

Offline JSharkey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Higgins born Cloonfad, Roscommon
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 February 07 14:58 GMT (UK) »
I am related to Elizabeth Higgins who married Bernard Sharkey from Cloonfad. She was born in 1854 and he in 1850. The emigrated to the US in 1870. As I do our family tree I see Higgins and Sharkey all the time. I'm wondering if there might be some connection?

Offline ev2210

• I am sorry but my emails are not working at the moment
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 February 07 16:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi again John.

I am sure we are related in some way.  Especially as we have the Cloonfad connection.   Do you have much information on the Higgins side.  I know that John who was born in Cloonfad in my grandparents house, was born about 1910, he was the son of James ???? Higgins and I believe   Mary Sharkey, my grandfathers sister, other siblings of my grandfather were Margaret, Patrick, and Bridget, his Mum was a Mary Healy.

Offline JSharkey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 16 February 07 17:05 GMT (UK) »
The only information I have is her name and her dob. I am just starting out on the journey of collecting the family history, so I'm afraid I will be less than helpful right now.

Jack