Author Topic: Jordon & Cook  (Read 7596 times)

Offline Jacqueline111

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jordon & Cook
« Reply #9 on: Friday 21 June 19 13:32 BST (UK) »
I have two auction catalogues (paper) from Jordan & Cook of 33 South Street, Worthing, from 1957 listing all of the contents of a grand house called Portland House.  I have tried to find the family of the customer at that time but to no avail, so the catalogues are available to anyone interested.

Offline Mitaa

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 22 August 20 12:39 BST (UK) »
I see the post about a piece of furniture from this company; I have a buffet from there as well and would love some information. I am presently in the United States. It has JORDAN & COOK; No. 2; can't read the name but looks like: Pe_ _berton ; Date: 22-10-26; The Worthing Pantechnicon

I would appreciate any insight regarding this buffet/sideboard.

Thanks

Offline Avondale16

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 18 January 21 09:21 GMT (UK) »
I have two auction catalogues (paper) from Jordan & Cook of 33 South Street, Worthing, from 1957 listing all of the contents of a grand house called Portland House.  I have tried to find the family of the customer at that time but to no avail, so the catalogues are available to anyone interested.

Hi Jacqueline. I am currently researching my home town of Worthing & my ancestors lived at Portland House at one time. I would love to see the auction catalogues if they are still in your possession.

Regards
Keith