Author Topic: Dusntan family in South Africa  (Read 3449 times)

Offline MichelleIddon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Dusntan family in South Africa
« on: Saturday 30 October 04 00:30 BST (UK) »
My great great grandfather went work in the gold mines in South africa and he had a family out there.

I also believe his brother Alfred Dunstan also went with him as he does not appear on the English Census aftr a certain date.

I would love to hear from anyone who can help me find my SOuth african relatives

BEst WIshes
Michelle

Offline kathrynbax

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Dusntan family in South Africa
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 November 04 07:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Michelle

You don't give your grandfather's name or any timeframe so I couldn't do a lookup for you on NAAIRS, a searchable archive index for South Africa. However, I did a quick search for you on the surname DUNSTAN and came back with 300 hits!!!

I did find this which may be of interest to you:

DEPOT     TAB                                                                   SOURCE    MHG                                                                   TYPE      LEER                                                                  VOLUME_NO 0                                                                     SYSTEM    01                                                                    REFERENCE 95455                                                                 PART      1                                                                     DESCRIPTION          DUNSTAN, ALFRED PEARCE.                                               STARTING  19360000                                                              ENDING    19360000                                                              REMARKS   SURVIVING SPOUSE ELIZABETH MORHAM DUNSTAN (BORN MURIE) PREDECEASED               SPOUSES (1) MARGARET DUNSTAN (BORN BREKIE BANK) (2) ELIZABETH                   DUNSTAN (BORN MILLS).         

If you want to look up any more DUNSTANs on NAIIRS the website is:

http://www.national.archsrch.gov.za

Once you have found them you can either join the Rootsweb mailing list for Immigration to South Africa or hire a researcher to look  up  the documents that you need.

Regards
Kathryn
Abu Dhabi