Author Topic: Stephens Family Cresswell Derbyshire.  (Read 1226 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Stephens Family Cresswell Derbyshire.
« on: Wednesday 26 July 06 22:11 BST (UK) »
After all the excellent help I have had in locating Cresswell,I am now looking for some Stephens relatives who lived there.A Charles Stephens was born in Cefn Mawr in c 1905,and I was told by his niece this Evening that he went to live in Creswell Derbyshire,and that he was the father of ten children.III have no idea who he may have married,but his Niece informs me that one of the children was named Brian.I can only estimate that he would have lived in the area from around 1930.I am sorry that I don't have any more definite info,and would appreciate any help in perhaps locating any descendants.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Stephens Family Cresswell Derbyshire.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 July 06 23:15 BST (UK) »
After looking at the GRO BMD Index on Ancestry,I am almost certain that the Norman Stephens Dec Qtr 1933 Worsop District was one of the children of Charles Stephens.There is the death of a Norman Stephens on Ancestry in Chesterfield District,and it states he was born in 1933.Incidentally the GRO Index states that Norman Stephens Mother's Surname was Owens.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk