Author Topic: Banffshire Journal  (Read 4706 times)

Offline Bill Fraser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Banffshire Journal
« on: Thursday 27 July 06 12:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Folks,
Has any one any idea how I can obtain a copy of the Banffshire Journal, my grandfather-WILLIAM CUNNING was employed there as Forman printer, possibly between 1910 to 1920
In 1920ish, he and John Watson took over the Macduff Printing Works which they carried out a very successful business for over 30 years.
I would love to add a copy of his work to my Family tree file.
Thank you.
Bill

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Fransmoi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: BANFFSHIRE JOURNAL
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 December 06 00:29 GMT (UK) »
The Banffie is still alive and well !

The editor George Boardman can be contacted by e-mail  at  editor[AT]banffshire-journal.co.uk

He advised that a full bound set of archived copies from 1845 onwards is available -to view only- at Macduff Public Library. Perhaps they would be able to copy an issue ?
They are not open full time -tel: 01261 833289.

Fransmoi

Moderator Comment: e-mail edited, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please replace [AT] with @

Aird,Anderson,
Babington,
Bothwell,
Clark,
Dunford,
Errington,
Fleming,Forrest,
Gerrard,
Kinghorn,
Leslie,Loudon,Lumsden,
Mackenzie ,MacLeod,McLeod,Milne,Montgomery,
Ramsay,Ross ,Rust
Shields,Sim,Sowden, Stoddart,
Turnbull,
Wallace,Woodman

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Bill Fraser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: BANFFSHIRE JOURNAL
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 December 06 12:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fransmoi
Thank you for the information, although I was born in Macduff I now live in Birmingham so a visit is not possible, thank you once again.
Regards.
Bill