Author Topic: Denchfield/Deanchfield  (Read 11433 times)

Offline CEverest

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Denchfield/Deanchfield
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 28 January 21 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much for getting back to me.  I think I've made an error in the Mary - so its probably not the same one at all! Im revisiting it all.

Offline bookendart

• RootsChat Member
  • Grannie & Grandad
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 28 January 21 14:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paula! Wow, it's been years! I concur with Mary marrying David Warr. She died two weeks after giving birth to her second (i think) child. Both her children died in infancy or were stillborn. David shows up in a 1798 land tax exemption report, where he is listed as the occupier of Rev. Denchfield's farm. I haven't looked for him beyond that.
Claire
Collins, Turner, Moyses, Curtis, Collcutt, Okey, Baker, Meadows, Peach, Denchfield, Purchas

Offline PaulaToo

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me 'n Gerry
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 29 January 21 21:46 GMT (UK) »
I don't gp any further than Mary, Claire. I tend to only do the direct line. If I didn't I'd have more than a tablecloth sized family tree.
I still haven't made any progress in finding where the Rev Ric Purchas  came from. He and wife Ruth had children Sarah and Matthew somewhere, they died in Winslow 1687 and 1680. While in Winslow Rev Ric and wife Ruth had Richard, Ruth and Elizabeth who went on to marry John Denchfield. Rev Ric was not married in Winslow and neither he nor Ruth were born there. Would love to know where they came from. There was a Rev John Purchas, vicar of St James the Great, Bierton in 1561, but that's 100 years adrift. I can't seem to find anyone nearer.
You're right, it has been years, but the Denchfields can still get us wound up and ready to go.
Paula
Bartlett/Henley on Thames
Caponhurst/Buckinghamshire and?
Denchfield/North Marston/Bucks
Webb/Winchester
Mathias/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
John/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
Smith/Portsmouth/Portsea
Purchas/Bucks and?
Olliffe/Bucks