Author Topic: Denchfield/Deanchfield  (Read 11418 times)

Offline bookendart

• RootsChat Member
  • Grannie & Grandad
    • View Profile
Re: Denchfield/Deanchfield
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 10 May 11 21:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks Paula :D

I agree with you about all of it, including that it was Mary Gurney who died in 1817.

As for Mary Thorn/Lambourne, maybe it's a transcription error, or maybe it was the wishful thinking of someone looking for the birth of Mary Thorn and coming across one for Mary Lambourn was "close enough".
THere is an FHL microfilm of the original NM registers - I'm going to stop my Family History Library to put an order in to rent it. Maybe the actual register can shed more light.

Thanks for your help!!  :D
Claire
Collins, Turner, Moyses, Curtis, Collcutt, Okey, Baker, Meadows, Peach, Denchfield, Purchas

Offline PaulaToo

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me 'n Gerry
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 10 May 11 21:57 BST (UK) »
I have a transcript of the register ...

Marriage
Mary Thorne + John Denchfield b o t p
13 Apr 1773
wit. Robert Ward and Samuel Denchfield

Baptisms
Jun 27 1742
Mary d o Robert & Ann Gurney

May 19 1745
Mary d o John and Darnigold Lambourn

Can't find Mary Thorn's birth, though I could well have missed it somewhere, and I wonder if this is the problem ...
Looking for Mary Thorn who marries John ... Can't find her ... register must be wrong here's Mary Lambourn, she'll do ....
Mary Thorn might have been living in NM at the time of her marriage, but could well have been born somewhere else.

Paula
Bartlett/Henley on Thames
Caponhurst/Buckinghamshire and?
Denchfield/North Marston/Bucks
Webb/Winchester
Mathias/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
John/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
Smith/Portsmouth/Portsea
Purchas/Bucks and?
Olliffe/Bucks

Offline bookendart

• RootsChat Member
  • Grannie & Grandad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 01 August 11 20:07 BST (UK) »
Paula and all

Eureka moment today!!!!!!!!!

Stumbled over the will of Mary Denchfield, wife of deceased dairyman John Denchfield of North Marston.  Although she was living in Bucks at the time of her death in 1817, she filed it in Herfordshire for some reason. Got a copy of it today and she left money to all her children, including "my daughter Ann, married to William Baker." So whatever reasons John had for leaving Ann out of his will where not of concern to Mary. I'm going to transcribe the will and put it on my blog, but I am so excited I wanted to share the news  :D :D

Claire
Collins, Turner, Moyses, Curtis, Collcutt, Okey, Baker, Meadows, Peach, Denchfield, Purchas

Offline PaulaToo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me 'n Gerry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 01 August 11 22:43 BST (UK) »
Claire, what wonderful news.

Which leaves us with the question ... why did john leave Ann out in the cold?

Good stuff this family history, isn't it. Get one answer and find another question ;D
Brilliant.

Paula
Webb/Winchester
Smith/Portsmouth/Portsea
Purchas/Bucks and?
Olliffe/Bucks

Offline bookendart

• RootsChat Member
  • Grannie & Grandad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 06 August 11 22:47 BST (UK) »
Hi everybody  :) :)

I'm still digesting Mary's will, but I just posted an earlier Denchfield will, John Denchfield, maltster, made in 1734.  It brings to light a bit of mystery involving the link between this John and John Denchfield, the iremonger, who I've thought for a long time was his father. Let me know what you think :-)

Here's the link

http://mahoganybox.net/2011/08/will-of-john-denchfield-north-marston-1734/

Claire

Offline PaulaToo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me 'n Gerry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 09 August 11 09:07 BST (UK) »
Oh lor, those dratted Denchfields!
NOW what are they up to.
You are right, it would be better if someone had given them a list to choose different names from ... it's all John and Richard and the brides names are the same in many cases so the daughters are named after them and ... Whew!

I'll have a look at that one when I get a chance but rather busy at the moment.
Also having trouble with emails, they have been on and off for over a week now. Getting a bit peeved about that to say the least!

By the way, I've put up some photos of North Marston is you would like to see them. There will be some more when the son and heir gets his developed, but there is quite a nice little collection already.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,546570.0.html
Cheers
Paula
Webb/Winchester
Smith/Portsmouth/Portsea
Purchas/Bucks and?
Olliffe/Bucks

Offline CEverest

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 15:21 GMT (UK) »
Firstly thank you to everyone for all your hard work and for sharing this valuable information.   I am working on the John Denchfields and would be most grateful if you were able to kindly clarify if I have the lineage correct as despite reading the information several times, I am not sure I have it correct.  It states there were 2 Johns that were cousins, so I want to ensure I have it listed correctly.
My link is via Mary Denchfield (born 1748?) married to William Smith in 1763.  I have her parents as John m to Elizabeth Brewer, his parents as John m to Elizabeth Purchas and his parents as John m to Parnell Ingram and then Audrey, and his parents as Matthew m to Mary Spencer. Would anyone be able to confirm if I have this correct.  Ive read the info here and on mahogony that the Mary daughter of John/Elizabeth Brewer married someone else!  So despite reading several times Im still confused as to the correct lineage.  Much appreciated. Kind regards.

Offline bookendart

• RootsChat Member
  • Grannie & Grandad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 27 January 21 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Caroll!
Your email prompted me to take a new look at these Denchfields. I'm concerned about your Mary. What evidence do you have that John and Elizabeth Brewer's daughter Mary married William Smith. Maybe if I start there I can figure out why I'm showing her married to someone else.
Claire

Offline PaulaToo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me 'n Gerry
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 27 January 21 19:32 GMT (UK) »
I have Mary (1748) daughter of John and Elizabeth, married to David Warr born 1747.
They married 9th Sept 1771 in St Mary's North Marston.
I could find no more about David.

If you would like to go back from Mathew Denchfield, try Richarde Denchfield (1570) married Margaret Ingram (1587) in 1601 at St Mary's North Marstom. His father was Gefferie Denchfield (1550) The line runs cold for me there. I have no record of a wife for Gefferie.

Hope this helps
Paula
Webb/Winchester
Smith/Portsmouth/Portsea
Purchas/Bucks and?
Olliffe/Bucks