Author Topic: Can i stick my topic  (Read 967 times)

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Can i stick my topic
« on: Sunday 31 October 04 01:37 BST (UK) »
AS YOU will see i have fixed  my little digital camera and have been having a Grave Yard week with good results.I am enjoying doing this, I have been dancing round Graves.Is it worth doing though ??? if the my Merchant & R.N.R Head Stone Topic keeps going down to the bottom of the bucket. I have had to make a note of where it is myself so i can work on it. Is it possible to glue it anywhere. So others can view it ???

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: Can i stick my topic
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 October 04 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Celia.  I've seem your headstone postings, very interesting stuff, but I know what you mean about the posting being relegated down the list.  I suppose all postings have to compete.  The good thing is as you keep adding to it, the posting will go back up the list temporarily and is more likely to be spotted.  You might be better with the words Monumental Inscriptions in the title as that is what I would search for.  Good luck.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 31 October 04 23:26 GMT (UK) »
I wouldn't suggest adding to the message "just" to keep it near the top. It would be best really if you had a little web site with all the monumental inscriptions on, and then have a link to it in your signature.

We are in the midst of organising a Monumental Inscriptions project (which Chris in 1066Land will be looking after).

Don't worry either about mesages "going down the list" becasue the "Search" button will find your entries anyhow.

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 November 04 00:18 GMT (UK) »
Ticker yes i know it will move up when i add a page but apart from having to go back to the cemetery to Re-  check a Head Stone. I wont be adding any more Inscriptions till next year. So I thought i might lose it. I did call the topic  Merchant Navy Monumental Inscriptions. Then Changed it

Trystan I dont have a web site.  I only copy Head Stones as a  Hobbie and, only Merchant Seamen ( weather permitting) I   never used the search button, forgot about that.  Inscriptions should be kept seperate to save search Time. Soldiers, Sailors, Air Force,
So if as Ticker says he would look for monumental Inscriptions .Iwill change it .Looking forward to hearing more about this new venture.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline Ticker

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 November 04 18:36 GMT (UK) »
I wouldn't suggest adding to the message "just" to keep it near the top. It would be best really if you had a little web site with all the monumental inscriptions on, and then have a link to it in your signature.

We are in the midst of organising a Monumental Inscriptions project (which Chris in 1066Land will be looking after).

Don't worry either about mesages "going down the list" becasue the "Search" button will find your entries anyhow.

Trystan

I wasn't suggesting adding to the posting to keep it at the top - I was pointing out that as Celia regularly does add to it, that fact would bring it back up the board each time as a matter of course.

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 01 November 04 18:50 GMT (UK) »
Ticker,

A thousand apologies then - yes indeed if you have "an update" to a thread then yes indeed, just adding a reply to it is a very good way to keep it current. :)

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Ticker

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 01 November 04 18:58 GMT (UK) »
Ticker,

A thousand apologies then - yes indeed if you have "an update" to a thread then yes indeed, just adding a reply to it is a very good way to keep it current. :)

Trystan

Apology accepted!  ;D

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 01 November 04 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Ticker Thank you for the suggestion, i know about About boards and topics and how they work .I have been using them for the last three years. But on  RootsChat i can do a lot more than others. And the nice thing is i can ask  if not sure.

Trystan, I think i should have said "I wont be adding anymore inscriptions to my book till next year". The ones i am putting on the site now are from my collection. That i want to put safe on RootsChat. You never know my computer might Blow ;D I still have seven left ( no Head Stones) to put on then that's the lot till next year.

Celia

Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials