Author Topic: 1837online Lookup please  (Read 4058 times)

Offline mmjones

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
1837online Lookup please
« on: Sunday 31 October 04 04:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am unable to access the 1837online due to the limits of my browser. I would be more than happy to make any reimbursements to anyone who would take a look through these records for me. I am looking for a death record & GRO# beginning in 1954 & possibley looking through to 1960.  Thank you very much.

Regards,

Lynn      
Lancashire: RICKABY,GASKILL Yorkshire:SIMPSON,RICKABY,WOMERSLEY/WALMSLEY
Cambridgeshire, Whittlesea: WINTERTON,UPTON,CLARKE,WESTON,GREEN,SARGEANT/SARGENT
Ireland, Ulster, Antrim, Ballymena & Ballymoney: MCGARRY,ARMSTRONG,TAYLOR,WALLACE
Wales,Carmathenshire:JONES,REES, LEWIS, JOHN, WILLIAM, WILLIAMS, HOWELLS/HOWELL

Offline mmjones

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1837online Lookup please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 November 04 08:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bryant,

A very generous offer. Thank you. I appreciate it! His name was William Ivor Jones b. 1894 Swansea. Please try 1945,1946, and 1947 (first quarter) Thanks again!

Regards,

Lynn 8)
Cambridgeshire, Whittlesea: WINTERTON,UPTON,CLARKE,WESTON,GREEN,SARGEANT/SARGENT
Ireland, Ulster, Antrim, Ballymena & Ballymoney: MCGARRY,ARMSTRONG,TAYLOR,WALLACE

Offline GreySquirrel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1837online look-up
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 November 04 13:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynnwin

Do you know why you cannot access www.1837online.com ? It's the first time I've heard of people saying they could not use that website.

If Bryant's units expire, I might be able to do a quick 1837 look-up for you.

Grey Squirrel

Offline mmjones

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 November 04 18:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Firstly, I can't install the "flash" or whatever it's called that 1837online requires because I have web tv and not a computer. And as to why I changed my dates, since I don't know when he died and GRO apparently REQIURES the precise index# for events in the last 50 years in order to process a certificate I wanted to check those dates first. When you ask what my BEST guess is though my thoughts are more towards the 1940's or early 1950's.I hope this explains everything well enough???

Regards,

Lynn

Offline Bryant

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Grandfather Bryant 1897
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 03 November 04 06:12 GMT (UK) »
Lynn

1945, Mar qtr
William I Jones, aged 54, death registered Liverpool, vol 8b, page 264

1945, Jun qtr
William I Jones, aged 53, death registered Upton, vol 6e, page 160

Thats the lot for the period Mar 1945 to Mar 1947. None of which meet the spec. Lets hope the death was registered under William Ivor or William I "if not" forget it!

Happy hunting
Bryant
Researching names BRYANT (Camberwell), PASTERFIELD (Essex and all), RAY (Holborn/Islington areas back to Brentford), POWELL (Glouc & beyond?)
Fletcher (Glouc into Warwickshie into Lancs?), BUCKLEY (Chatham area), Watson (Chatham area).

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mmjones

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 03 November 04 06:17 GMT (UK) »
Bryant

Coool. You are a champ! Thanks!

Lynn 8)

Offline GreySquirrel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 03 November 04 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynnwin

Wow, web TV... how does that work? Does that also mean you cannot download a 1901 census entry or an old Will from TNA etc too? What a pain.

Do post again if Bryant didn't the find the entry you want and I'll happily extend the search a couple of years either way for you.

Good luck with the Joneses!

Offline mmjones

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 03 November 04 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Grey Squirrel,

I do have some limits with Webtv but it never gets those dreaded "viruses" and it never "crashes" which I am very thankful for!

We have had no luck with finding William yet. So if you are still available to continue looking in the last quarters of 1947 and onward from there for a few years I would very much appreciate it.Thanks!

Regards,

Lynn  8)   

P.S. I have never tried downloading a will yet or the census so I am not sure if I would beable to or not. Are they PDF files or do they ask you to install something in order to read them?  ::)

Offline mmjones

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 04 November 04 03:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello Again GreySquirrel,

I just wanted to let you know that I telephoned an LDS center today and they told me they have the England & Wales BMD indexes and they will look up the information for William Jones for me there!

Regards,

Lynn