Author Topic: Austria/Czech/German ancestors - help!  (Read 829 times)

Offline Mark Newman

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Austria/Czech/German ancestors - help!
« on: Thursday 03 August 06 13:12 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have ancestors from Velky Starovice/GroB Steurowitz in the Czech Republic, which according to a site in Czech I found has parish registers dating back to the 1500s. What's the best way to get a researcher that is trustworthy since I have no way of verifying the information I am given.

Also, ancestors married in Vienna or Mittendorf, Austria. Can I obtain certificates.

Also, a birthplace given for a Klara Musil or Mossel - 8 Aug 1870 Veisenbach 14 Pyrhn, St Gallen - but I do not know where this is? There is a St Gallen in Switzerland.

Also an ancestor Anton Brussman b 13 Jun 1867, presumably in Czechoslovakia. Is there a Czech equivalant to FreeBMD?

I used to think having foreign ancestors was exotic as a child, now it is a pain as that part of the family tree is so much smaller than all the others!!!

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Mark

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline CuriousDiana

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Austria/Czech/German ancestors - help!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 August 06 08:22 BST (UK) »
Before you try to hire a researcher for Czech research, have a look at this website -   www.svu2000.org/whatwedo/c5gd1.htm

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.