Author Topic: Hendersons from Bo'ness  (Read 3018 times)

Offline icini

• RootsChat Senior
  • Me
    • View Profile
Hendersons from Bo'ness
« on: Friday 04 August 06 23:06 BST (UK) »
Would anyone have information as to what happened to the following-
John Henderson, born 1874, Anne Foote Henderson born 1877, Janet Wallace Henderson, born 1881, Agnes Wallace Henderson born 1879,  Alexander Henderson, born 1886, Maggie Henderson, born 1889, Robert Henderson , born 1892- all siblings , children of John Henderson and Mary Wallace, and all born in Bo'Ness.  thank you.  Donna
Lanarkshire: Dow, Dickson, Duncan, Buchanan,  Maclachlan, Wallace, Mitchel, Freckleton, Dollar, Whitten(on),Liverance, Murray, Gibson, Scoular, Telfer, Fisher,Slimman
Bo'ness: Henderson, Wallace, Foot(e)
Irvine: Petrie, Millar, Jaffrey, Allen,Boyd,
Edinburgh: Huldberg, Smith, Main, primrose
Roxburgh: Main, Smith, Sutherland
Wales: Islay, Wilkes, Morris, Ponter
England: Murray ( Windsor), Ponter ( Bath),
Ireland: Whitten, Irvine, Miller, McWilliams,Tremble,Greenaway, Stevenson,Wilson

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hendersons from Bo'ness
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 August 06 06:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Donna

It all depends on what you mean by 'what happened' to them.

You could try finding them on the 1901 census, and look for marriages and deaths using the Scotlands People website www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk  It's pay to view ut very reasonably priced.

I had a quick look at the 1901 and couldn't find John and Mary in Bo'ness, although there was a possible Alexander.  Do you have any info on John and Mary's deaths?

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline icini

• RootsChat Senior
  • Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 05 August 06 14:00 BST (UK) »
Hi: John died 1896 and Mary died 1913 in Glasgow. I have her , Maggie, and Robert on the 1901 census in Glasgow on Keppochhill Road. I do know that one daughter- not mentioned- Mary Buchanan Henderson married John Petrie.  Jemima married George McDade. 
 I did try on SP but Henderson is very common and as Mary was my G. Grandmother I concentrated on her.  I am just curious as to what happened to the others. I like to get a feel for their lives.  I don't want anyone to spend any money on SP for this ( I can do that) . I just wondered if anyone was related to any of them.

I don't think my extended  family was/is interested in family history. I will try SP again later today.     Donna
Lanarkshire: Dow, Dickson, Duncan, Buchanan,  Maclachlan, Wallace, Mitchel, Freckleton, Dollar, Whitten(on),Liverance, Murray, Gibson, Scoular, Telfer, Fisher,Slimman
Bo'ness: Henderson, Wallace, Foot(e)
Irvine: Petrie, Millar, Jaffrey, Allen,Boyd,
Edinburgh: Huldberg, Smith, Main, primrose
Roxburgh: Main, Smith, Sutherland
Wales: Islay, Wilkes, Morris, Ponter
England: Murray ( Windsor), Ponter ( Bath),
Ireland: Whitten, Irvine, Miller, McWilliams,Tremble,Greenaway, Stevenson,Wilson

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 22:49 GMT (UK) »
so many hendersons my great great gmother  was  ann henderson  //my ggrandfather married a margaret  buchanan//casey 1872 in crofthead  might not be related but so many branches to look at they had leads back to crawfordjohn but wore mining in whitbourn area and lived in muldron row my hendersons did