Author Topic: SHERGOLD families  (Read 52679 times)

Offline Helbelskels

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SHERGOLD families
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday 13 June 17 16:30 BST (UK) »
Skallywag i believe that you maybe able to help my side of the Shergold family out as Your husbands grandmother sounds like the sister of my ( hope i got this bit right!!!) GREAT GREAT Grandad who is

Reginald Edgar Clarence Ford Shergold ( BORN 22 OCT 1895 died 1960 ) m Selena/Selina Shergold ( nee Buckingham Born 1900ish and died 1978 in south london) .  Thus his father was Richard Reginald and mother was Matilda Fanny Shergold ( nee Ford)

I can't help anymore with sibling etc as but i can provide you with is

Reginald Shergold - son of Reginald and Selena/selina ( my GREAT Grandad )He was the second eldest of 11 children apparently!!!!!) sorry no marriage i can added a name for but he had a son

Reginald Ronald OR Ronald Reginald!! Shergold m Frances Olive Fagg ( first marriage my Grandad and Nan)

They had 3 children

Lesley Shergold  ( my aunt who sadly passed away recently ) who married into the Lee Family and has Alex , Josie in  and Sigourney

Robert Shergold ( my dad) who married Elaine Spencer and myself and Donna

Micheal ( my uncle) no marriage name but have Natasha and Ivan

Not sure thats of any interest to you at all as my side has only started out on the long journey

Kelle

Offline 24.ambering

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Friday 16 June 17 14:00 BST (UK) »
Hi
You have got back so much further than me re the Shergold family.  I am descended from a Isaac Shergold (1700-1762), son Luke (1741-1787) who married Sarah Furnell in 1760 in Steeple Langford, Wiltshire. They had 6 children - Thomas, Sarah, John, Mary, Elizabeth & Rebecca.
Thomas Shergold (1761-1845) married Ann Cannings in 17876 and had 4 children - Elizabeth, James, Thomas & William.
Thomas Shergold (1798-1867) married Elizabeth Light in 1829 and had 2 children - Ann & Alfred.
William Shergold (1803-1841) married Elizabeth Newman in 1827 and had 6 children, one of which, George (1837-1913) is one of my descendants. He married Ann Shergold, his cousin, who is the daughter of Thomas, Wiliams's brother and Elizabeth Light.
George & Ann Shergold had 6 children - Frederick, Emmeline (my grandmother), James, George, Caroline, Eva.
All seemed to live around Maddington, Orcheston & Shrewton, finally Salisbury which are all places in Wiltshire.  However there were a lot of Shergolds around in Wiltshire as you already know so lots of descendants all over the place.
Good luck. 

Offline Sally67

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Friday 19 January 18 00:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kelle Reginald Edgar Clarence ford Shergold and selina Shergold was my grandparents they did have 11 children                               Joyce, iris , jean, Doris, pat, Maureen,Gwen , Ernie ,John ,reg your grandad , Fred my dad            So your dad Robert , Lesley and Micheal are my cousins have got loads more information for you I have one sister called sue and two brothers called Steve and Simon would love to hear from you

Offline Chimaerapegasus

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Monday 29 March 21 22:46 BST (UK) »
Hi all
I have just joined this forum as I am trying to find out more about my family. My Great nana was Daisy Maria Shergold born 10/03/1888 in Barford St Martin and later in life married a Frank Edward Atkinson.
Daisy’s parents were William and Agnes Shergold and she had a brother William (B 1891 in Barford St Martin) and a sister Elsie (B 1898 West Tisbury). Just looking for any relatives out there.