Author Topic: Wrong Parents - have to start again  (Read 5061 times)

Offline Elaine and Marie Dewell

• RootsChat Extra
  • James Stephen Dewell and Annie Bullen
    • View Profile
Re: Wrong Parents - have to start again
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 30 January 08 15:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mariac,
I know this is an old thread, but this is my first day on this site (and this is my first reply)...
I sent you a PM but I don't know if I did it right.

I am the grandaughter of Eleanor K Collins (sister to William Collins you were enquiring about in 06).

I went to Deal 10 years ago and spent 3 days transcribing masses of stuff from the Deal Library and then visiting heaps of places there and got masses of info. that then have sat in a box for the last decade. I am just doing it up now on ancestry.com and GenesReunited (just to see which I like the most). I haven't put much up yet (well I say that but now see I have added a couple of hundred people...

I am mainly concentrating on this Collins family, the Dewells who Eleanor married into and their parents (Bullens, Ports).

Have lotsa photos but none of William's parents.
Anyway - reply to PM if more info wanted etc.

Oy, Oy, Oy.
Marie
Dewell, Port, Bullen, Collins from Deal, Kent, England

Offline apearson24

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 05 October 16 05:39 BST (UK) »

You Find William James Collins is the son of Robert Edward Collins and Harriet Port Robert Edward Colllins is the Son Of Robert Collins 1815-1885 Ash and Sarah Elizabeth Wilhelmina Baillie 1808-1852 and Harriet Port
is the Daughter of William Port 1804-1899 and Ann Bushell 1807-1873 These are My Ancestors

My Family Tree Is at Rootsweb World Connect Project. You Find a Lot Of Information about The Above.

Help It Helps

Andrew

Offline apearson24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 07 November 16 07:52 GMT (UK) »

Hi

Its Robert Edward Collins and Harriet Port 5 NOV 1864 at St Mary the Virgin Parish Church, Woodnesborough. There My Ancestors.

Regards

Andrew

Offline AJ100

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 07 November 16 12:33 GMT (UK) »
Just to confirm as previously posted, William James COLLINS aged 21, a Carman of Walmer and son of Robert COLLINS, Shepherd, married Jane Elizabeth BAKER aged 23, daughter of Thomas BAKER, Mariner at St Leonard's church in Deal on 20th October 1900.
Witnesses were Emily Ann BAKER and Thomas BAKER.

AJ