Author Topic: Blaze (Blaize) from Burslem  (Read 4199 times)

Offline Mark Thorley

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Blaze (Blaize) from Burslem
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 04 September 04 21:48 BST (UK) »
NoraT - I will make copies of the documents but i need to know where to send them to. Thanks for the reply.

Offline M.T.H

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 September 04 19:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Mark,

It might be an idea to send Jreardon a personal message to make sure she gets the information :)

If you click on Jreardon's name next to the post a new window will open and half way down is the option to 'send this member a PM'

I reckon you might just make her day ;D

Regards,Mick ;)
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

British Military History

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 06 September 04 12:50 BST (UK) »
i am very sorry mark , but my son in law has asked his dad and they know nothing about the shops at smallthorne or burslem, i wish i could have been more help to you , i wish you luck with your search. regards nora T
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline jreardon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 14 September 04 12:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Mark
I,ve just checked this after a break and seen your message.  It sounds as thought he original owner of your house was my great grandfather.  I'm seeing my dad this weekend  so I will ask hin if he has anything about the house.

I would love photocopies of any documents you have.  I will send a private message with my address.
Researching Framp(ton), Blaze (Blaize,Blaise,Blase), Reardon

Offline Mark Thorley

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 15 September 04 20:45 BST (UK) »
jreardon got your message will copy and send as soon as i get the chance

Offline PamelaH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 02 February 05 22:21 GMT (UK) »
I grew up in Nettlebank (1949 - 1965), where a large part of my family had lived for many years. I may be able to answer a few questions for you and even provide photos. I lived in Harold Street several aunties lived in Cliff street. The shop in Preston street/corner cliff street changed hands often. I remember it being a hairdressers for a while. But I remember my mother always used to refer to it as "Blazes". Is that any help?

Pam

Offline jreardon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 07 February 05 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pamela

Would love to see any photos that you may have.  According to my records the shop was run by my great grandmother and was a grocers. All my dad can remember is the nearby railway lines.

Thanks for everyone's help

Julia

Offline PamelaH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 10 February 05 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Julia,
it will take me a while to get my photos organised and scanned in. The shop was a grocers when I was a small child. I remember a rather grumpy person running it. (your great grandfather?). Anyway, it was a hairdressers by the time I was around 10. So I guess the grocers closed down around 1960 or slightly earlier. At the bottom of Preston street there were allotments. One of my uncles had an allotment there. The railway lines ran from the colliery (I thing it was called Bellerton) up to the coal wharf where the old peoples bungalows now are (opposite Burslem cemetery entrance). The wharf closed down around the mid-fifties, when I think Bellerton colliery also closed.
It's all so long ago and a lot of my memories are very vague.
What is your Email address?

Greeting Pam

Offline jreardon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 11 February 05 14:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pam

I will let you know my email address when I can work out how to send you a personal reply instead of posting it to the list .

Thanks

Julia