Author Topic: Kettlety's of Bradford Upon Avon  (Read 7223 times)

Offline Marie Morrison

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kettlety's of Bradford Upon Avon
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 14 October 18 20:37 BST (UK) »
Dear cousin Pam,   If you are correct about these grandparents you have 3 cousins in Canada and at age 77 I would be one of them.  My father was Malcolm Murdo Morrison from Bragar, near Stornoway.  If you look up the Bragar Arch (which has its own website) you will find his family.  I would love to correspond with you directly as I know nobody from

Offline Brittany28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 14 October 18 23:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Marie what intriguesmme is that according to Linda from winsley at war my mother's father too was worthy and had a sister Kathleen whomasmi am told married a malcome morrison...no relation to you? She said Vera Dorothy kettlety had a sister Kathleen then father of both Vera and Kathleen was Albert kettlety mother Rose howley what was you mother's name? I keep thinking while I so far I am so close to finding a long lost family member. I believe all ert middle name was Thomas will check on my mother's marraige. I am sure she said she had two sisters...gets confusing doesn't it? I have to reread everything to digest it all and like you say the computer thing I too struggle with.so...anything you can advise me would be great our stories are so similar especially when compared with the account provided by Linda from w at w....hope to hear that k you so much!! Lol as

Offline Marie Morrison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 15 October 18 14:25 BST (UK) »
Confusing is right!  My sister's name is Rose Alberta, which should be a clue.  My mother Kathleen had a fatal stroke in St.Albans when she was 45 (we thought).  Ada died of same in Weston at 74.  The only other we knew was a cousin Freda who turned up at Ada's from time o time but never came to ours.  My mother said Worthy was a signalman on the railway and used to come home drunk carrying his lamp and singing "Lead Kindly Light".  They left home in their teens and worked and lived-in at a boarding school. 

Offline Marie Morrison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 15 October 18 15:59 BST (UK) »
Dear Pam,  Tried to send personal message but did not work.  Ada had a skin condition and I have skin cancer.  You are welcome to the few photos I have but can't send by computer.  Is Canada not on your bucket list?     Many thanks to Alan and everyone who has helped in this search.  Are we all related?  What about Harry?   And Freda?   Sincerely, Marie