Author Topic: Arthur Cox b. Tipton 1882  (Read 976 times)

Offline keith15

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Arthur Cox b. Tipton 1882
« on: Tuesday 15 August 06 21:04 BST (UK) »
Arthur Cox left England in about 1906 and travelled with brother Thomas and Brother in Law Albert Josiah Smith to Canada where they hoped to get work on the Candian Pacific Railway.The Canadian 1911 census shows the three families in Winnipeg Manitoba.

Arthur later, in the 1920's moved into the US and Pasadena,California  where he and his family were  found in the 1930 census. I would be most grateful to hear from any of his descendants. Arthurs wife was Annie Breakwell and the family origins are in Tipton,Staffordshire,England.

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Arthur Cox b. Tipton 1882
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 August 06 00:17 BST (UK) »
http://vitals.rootsweb.com/ca/death/search.cgi - looking at the family in 1930, I can spot some of the children here:

Marjorie Cox Ellabarger, born July 16 1913, maiden name Cox, mother's maiden name Breakwell, born Canada, d. Jun 23 1997 Los Angeles Co.

Alfred H. Cox, born Mar 18 1908, Canada, d. Oct 22 1977 Orange Co.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline keith15

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Arthur Cox b. Tipton 1882
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 31 August 06 02:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you, you have been so helpful. this has really helped to further my knowledge of two members of the family of Arthur Cox and Annie M Breakwell.I only have membership for Ancestry UK and Ireland. I did recently have a Pay as You Go membership for Ancestry US where I found the three families that I am in search of in the Canadian 1911 and US 1930 censuses. Do you know if I can access the US Birth,marriage and death index that you have found Marjorie and Alfred H Cox on with this type of membership.

kind regards

Keith