Author Topic: Sutton Road Cemetery, Maidstone - COMPLETED  (Read 13043 times)

Offline JayG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Sutton Road Cemetery, Maidstone lookup
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 August 06 22:20 BST (UK) »
Hi MM

I've received the photos.

Thanks for doing this for me.

Cheers

Jay  :)

Offline Mogsmum

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sutton Road Cemetery, Maidstone - COMPLETED
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 August 06 07:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Jay

As my daughter would say 'No probs.'

MM

Offline moggie57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 23 July 12 16:51 BST (UK) »
could you look for a burial for me? quite recent. its a rachel louise hamer buried .born 1975/1976 died 2010 . parents sandra and john .possibly in maidstone cemetery,sutton road..

Offline Mogsmum

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 23 July 12 17:28 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I'm really sorry but I'm afraid I can't help you.   I used to visit Maidstone every other day when my parents were alive (to look after them - you know the scenario) and so I passed the cemetery on my way to them and on the way back, but after they died - with no longer any ties to the area - we've moved 100 or so miles away.

I'm really sorry, I hope you can find someone to help - I know how frustrating it can be.   Good luck.

MM

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 30 July 14 17:13 BST (UK) »
I have been told that a great uncle of mine is buried in the Sutton Road Cemetery,he was Henry Joseph Masters and he died in 1851 aged 5 months.The priest that officiated at the burial was a James Cook.Henry had lived in Bank Street,Maidstone. It would be great to have a photo of the grave if anyone lives nearby.
  I was told that the cemetery was closed sometime between 1851 and 1886 but how can that be when I've seen people talking about burials in the 20th century?
 I am also looking for my great x2 grandad,the father of Henry,with the same name.Henry Sr was born in Chatham 1820,he died in 1886 in Hackney where he was working.It makes sense that he would be buried with his firstborn son.If Henry Jr was in a grave by himself,even if part of the cemetery was closed to new graves,surely Henry Sr could be buried with his son?
  There was another son who I can't trace as an adult,Thomas Robert,so maybe he died as a child.He was born in 1861.
  Any help much appreciated.