Author Topic: Help Needed please?  (Read 15391 times)

Offline myka32

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed please?
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 05:51 GMT (UK) »
sorry if i replied pre- maturely but Ive just recently started looking into my family history, and got all excited when i seen other people looking into it.( even if it was the wrong one). I pretty much know nothing of my grand fathers family. met my great aunt olive a few times as a child but her and my grand father both passed away before i was old enough to take a interest in the family history.. one of the reasons i started searching was to find my family crest... but now its opened a new curiosity.. SO thanks :) :)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed please?
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Please myka32, feel free to start a new thread on your ancestors. If you work on any names associated with this one, just let them know what has been found up to now, that this thread exists, but is not yours, and that you only need ancestors beyond Bert...Try not to duplicate posts so as not to have searches duplicated,* as we are volunteers but we are still sharing our valuable time for free.
Unfortunately as you know NFLD is hard to research....but if you find ties across the pond there are many other boards on which you can post.
Here is some info to read before getting started  http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,287.0.html
Have fun! Best of luck with your searches.  J.J.

*an example of multiple postings would be this one I just found where brads was also saying the same person we searched for in this query was from Ireland.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,157947.0.html
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com