Author Topic: 1901 Census -William JOHNSTON  (Read 9414 times)

Offline Citywoman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Census -William JOHNSTON
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 01 May 16 02:14 BST (UK) »
The Johnstons, Davidsons and Adamsons were a pretty tight family and there was some intermarrying.  I have been working on the family tree for a while and have filled out a ton of Johnstons.  My grandmother was a daughter of Annie Mona Johnston nee Adamson and her story just keeps on getting better ... I have a few photos but not many.  Always wondered how an extra daughter (Agnes) born c 1885 came into that family as I can't find paperwork. :o  But it may be someone's typo.  Also, I am confused as I thought WIlliam J. died in 1904 but there is a mention of 1900 as his death date yet he is in the 1901 census.  I'll keep looking ....

Offline ferndale

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 01 May 16 21:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Citywoman,

So lovely to hear from you.  Have been in the chat room and met another rellie in there tonight.  How amazing. (I am in NSW Australia) and he is in Canada.  Do hope we can get our heads together for exchange of info if you are interested.  Most of what I have is as you see it, but I do have a CD (somewhere) from a family reunion in Melbourne, Aust.  (If I recall its mostly photos).  Cheers for now Dale.
BOYCE/PEAR, CHAMBERLAIN/SPENCER, FULLELOVE, NOTTS/LEICS/DERBY AREA
MULLER, SCHMIDT KNOLL, MOHR, WAHRY, OTTO, SCHULZ, AHNER SCHIEFELBEIN, HURLSTONE, VANSTONE,EASTERBROOK, BRANDENBERG, KRIESCH,
AUST/GERMANY/PRUSSIA AREAS
STAPLETON, NSW,VIC,SA,QLD/UK
McAULIFFE,COUNTY CORK/AUST
ACHILLES, BRAUNSCHWING/BRUNSWICK/ IRELAND
FENNER,ELLIS, HALPIN, IRELAND

Offline Citywoman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 01 May 16 21:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Dale, Was that the reunion in the Veneto Social club?  (The gorgeous booked venue closed down just a couple of weeks prior to the reunion and I was sweating on finding an alternative so apologies if you thought it was a poor second but we were over a barrel).  We now live in Los Angeles.  I think you may be able to go to messages and send me your email and also the relationship (eg. descendant of which Johnston) and then I can copy you into the family tree which is very intriguing. You may have some answers I haven't been able to find. Did you get a Johnston Christmas ornament that day?  Let me know.  All the best, Wendy

Offline ferndale

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 04 May 16 09:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Dale, Was that the reunion in the Veneto Social club?  (The gorgeous booked venue closed down just a couple of weeks prior to the reunion and I was sweating on finding an alternative so apologies if you thought it was a poor second but we were over a barrel).  We now live in Los Angeles.  I think you may be able to go to messages and send me your email and also the relationship (eg. descendant of which Johnston) and then I can copy you into the family tree which is very intriguing. You may have some answers I haven't been able to find. Did you get a Johnston Christmas ornament that day?  Let me know.  All the best, Wendy

Hi Wendy,
Sorry to dissappoint you but alas I have not been to any  "Johnston" family reunions.  I come into the family via Claude Augustine Stapleton (my gt uncle) brother of ( Albert Roy Achilles Stapleton,my Grandfather)  Claude married Mabel Elizabeth Johnston.  Known as Aunty Mabs.

Before we go any further is/was your mum Betty???, if so we have spoken before, several years ago now.  I'll wait for your reply before I fill you  in.  Note.  Once you have done a couple of posts or replies, we can speak/write to each other in private.  On the left hand side of the page there is a PM
sign which means private message.  Not that we have much to hide lol, and be careful not to write for toooo long otherwise it gets lost in space.  Cant wait  to hear back from you.  TC Dale
BOYCE/PEAR, CHAMBERLAIN/SPENCER, FULLELOVE, NOTTS/LEICS/DERBY AREA
MULLER, SCHMIDT KNOLL, MOHR, WAHRY, OTTO, SCHULZ, AHNER SCHIEFELBEIN, HURLSTONE, VANSTONE,EASTERBROOK, BRANDENBERG, KRIESCH,
AUST/GERMANY/PRUSSIA AREAS
STAPLETON, NSW,VIC,SA,QLD/UK
McAULIFFE,COUNTY CORK/AUST
ACHILLES, BRAUNSCHWING/BRUNSWICK/ IRELAND
FENNER,ELLIS, HALPIN, IRELAND

Offline roderickpaulin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 04 May 16 10:13 BST (UK) »
has ANYONE on the Johnston side of this tree done the Ancestry DNA test - a few years back I had contact with an Australian Johnston- with a cousin Jump in England - we expect we are related but would love to find DNA proof for it. My father did the DNA test and has over 13,000 possible connections out as far as 6th to 8th cousins- unfortunately some are hard to trace as we are not that far back on all of the family lines. drop me a pm if anyone has done the test so I can look up to see if you show up - my father has no tree connected to his test- the trees are under my membership
Anderson-Black-Bone-Brahant-Burnside-Cameron-Cook-Curle-Ferriss-Gilchrist-Gilmour-Goodson-Hahn-Holmes-Hodge-Kepple-Klingensmith-Lane-Laurie-Lounsbury-Malott-MacDonald-M*cGregor-M*cKay-M*cKenzie-M*cLennan-McArthur-McMillan-Meiklejohn-Melvin-Miller-Moir-Murray-Murray-Olding-O'Neil-O'Neil-Pat*erson-Paulin-Pentland-Pidgeon-Plenderleith-Redfield-Robertson-Sexsmith-Shuel-Spark-Steel-Stewart-Thomson-Torrence-Urquhart-Wardrope-Weir-Wilson-Wright.
surnames in direct line - going back 8 generations

Offline Citywoman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 03 September 22 22:54 BST (UK) »
Hello Rod,  I just stumbled across this very old post. I guess by now you have tracked down everyone.  I have done the familytreeDNA test. Our tree is massive now. Log in and check it out when you have time to waste. Wa great getting your connections via Bev Johnston and opened many doors. All the best, Wendy Rawady