Author Topic: Looking for Mary Jane SCHOLEFIELD Completed Thanks  (Read 2238 times)

Offline perilsofpauline1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Mary Jane SCHOLEFIELD
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 24 August 06 00:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Jennifer and Carole,
I really appreciate both your efforts in finding my Mary Jane. She still seems to be pretty elusive after 1881 don't you think? I might have to dig around a bit more to try and find whether she met someone from Lancs through her father's family up north, although you were unable to find her on the 1891 census as Mary Mellor Carole. By the way, thankyou for pointing me toward the full GRO index - I had no idea it was anything more than what we get from free BMD.
(By the way - if you want a REAL mystery, my cousin and I were both told by different relatives, that Elizabeth Scholefield, nee Smith, was French!!)  With a name like Smith??!
Thankyou both once again,
Warm regards,
Pauline in Oz
Calthorpe ,Colyer, Davy, , Grant, Guest, Hannington, Harding, Hartley, Hughes, Macro ,Marchant,  McKindoe , Moffet ,Morgans Musgrave, , Mort, Nicholson, Patterson, Porter,Smith, Roddis, Schofield, Scholefield, Smith.

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 24 August 06 00:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Pauline

Is this not her in 1891 then .................. as found on your other post ???

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,177889.msg854265.html#msg854265

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 24 August 06 00:43 BST (UK) »
The same message posted on 2 separate boards just causes a lot of confusion and a great deal of wasted effort!!!

If you post on 2 separate boards - will you please include that info in your message in future
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline perilsofpauline1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 24 August 06 02:27 BST (UK) »
I'm sorry Carole, but I DID mention it right at the beginning. I explained that I had posted on the Kent board, but thought it more appropriate to go to the London one.
My only error that I can see, is that I didn't take note of which one the replies were coming from. I apologise for your wasted time.
Calthorpe ,Colyer, Davy, , Grant, Guest, Hannington, Harding, Hartley, Hughes, Macro ,Marchant,  McKindoe , Moffet ,Morgans Musgrave, , Mort, Nicholson, Patterson, Porter,Smith, Roddis, Schofield, Scholefield, Smith.

Offline perilsofpauline1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 24 August 06 02:34 BST (UK) »
Sorry casalguidi - I now have a proper book to enter requests in, and will keep track of replies.
I hope that everyone who has taken the time and effort to find my family, will accept my apologies,
Regards,
Pauline

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Latest bud on my family tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 24 August 06 22:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Pauline, No problem, I give my help because i want to.

Good hunting.

Jennifer
Stevens /Godfrey /Rudgley /Claridge/ Gipson /George /Bliss
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 24 August 06 22:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Pauline

No problem.  There are now a lot of national census indexes available to help locate people so it's only necessary to post a query once.  That way it avoids confusion and you can always ask a moderator to move a post for you if you feel, in hindsight, that it would do better elsewhere.  It's not a problem ;)

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline perilsofpauline1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 25 August 06 10:15 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Jennifer, and Casalguidi, and everyone else who has been so kind in answering my many requests! Rootschat has become like a second home to me - you are all very special people.
Many thanks again, and I sincerely hope that one day I will be able to help others in return.
Bye for now,
Pauline in Oz

Offline Ben1989

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Mary Jane SCHOLEFIELD Completed Thanks
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 27 February 20 09:38 GMT (UK) »
This might be o the help.
George Henry Scholefield was the son of Samuel Scholefield. Samuel was born c1834 in Mirfield. He married Mary Jane Charnard (Mary was 23 years younger than Samuel) 6 October 1877 at St Pauls Denholme. In 1881 & 1891 the family were living in Denholme with Samuel working as a newsagent & postmaster.