Author Topic: Birth certificate  (Read 4431 times)

Offline ainsley

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Birth certificate
« on: Wednesday 23 August 06 20:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,
 I was wondering if anyone could help explain something I find puzzling on a birth certificate of a relative
     In column 1 were it says when and were born it has the date of birth and an address, but in columns 6 & 7were the parents details are it has a different address to the child. Both the parents have the same address so obviously they were living together. Could it possibly be that the child would live at a different address? Or would this be the address were the child was born?
    Any answers?
 Ainsley

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Birth certificate
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 August 06 20:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Ainsley

The first address would be where the child was born and the second address would be where the parents were living at the time of registration so probably

a) the child was born at a different address to the home address or

b) the family had moved between the birth of the child and the time of registration

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ainsley

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 August 06 20:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Casalguidi
    Never thought about the parents moving although it would of had to of been a quick move cause the birth was registed within 7 days
    thanx anyway Ainsley

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 23 August 06 21:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Ainsley

I don't know the date of your certificate so am not sure whether it would be worth checking the addresses out ie. could the child have been born in a hospital/maternity home or even at the home of a relative perhaps - assuming that it wasn't something like an emergency with the birth happening so quickly that it took place wherever she happened to be at the time ???

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ainsley

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 23 August 06 21:07 BST (UK) »
Good point
   Another reason Ive asked for help with this 1 is that there were 3 children in all and this 1 was the youngest the children were brought up in a barnardo's home I just hope this child wasnt given up at birth!!!