Author Topic: Do you use the Lancashire Resourses  (Read 3234 times)

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Do you use the Lancashire Resourses
« on: Wednesday 23 August 06 23:19 BST (UK) »
I often see requests for B.M.D. or burials in certain Churches in Lancashire.  there is a link to Parish Records and Transcriptions, even M. I's. you might find what your looking for on there ;D ;D Loads other very useful stuff too ;D ;D

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline xtonaud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Do you use the Lancashire Resourses
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 August 06 00:10 BST (UK) »
http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/indexp.html

I think this is the link you refer to.
I am currently transcribing marriages (Births & Burials completed) for Euxton near Chorley.
Good to know the voluntary work is appreciated - why not volunteer to transcribe a parish of interest to you?
Enjoy the site.
census records are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Harrison; Iddon; Jolly; Laithwaite; Livesey; Pilkington; Robinson; Shorrock ; Smith - Lancashire;  Boden; Morgan ;   - Shropshire/Montgomeryshire; Cragg ; Shepherd - Westmorland

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 August 06 11:27 BST (UK) »
Hi xtonaud
People like yourself certainly are appreciated. Because i know it takes a lot of your own personnel time up.I use the resources on all counties of interest.  I wouldn't be good enough myself to volunteer subscribing,but only yesterday because there seems only one source,  and thats on film. For marriages in  St Hilary Liscard Cheshire between 1812 & 37 (before 1812 they are in book form)  and are Ban, and marriage certificates.I Decided to make an index for my own use.I thought it might save time looking for a marriage that wasn't there ;D. so an unnecessary trip  to the library ;)
Yesterday i did 1830 to 34.So next time someone asks for a marriage lookup about <1831>for Enoch Lloyd and a Sarah  don't know ;D I can tell them. I also plan to work up to 1837,.Then work from 1812 up to 1830.That sould keep me busy a couple of afternoons a week for most of the winter ;D

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline xtonaud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 25 August 06 23:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia

Believe me I'm still a novice - I get lots of help and support from the more experienced volunteers. I've just finished burial records for Euxton and am doing marriages now. Then I'll take a little time out for my own tree before starting another parish. Give it a try - not so difficult as you might think, but believe me, very addictive. Good luck with your searches.
census records are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Harrison; Iddon; Jolly; Laithwaite; Livesey; Pilkington; Robinson; Shorrock ; Smith - Lancashire;  Boden; Morgan ;   - Shropshire/Montgomeryshire; Cragg ; Shepherd - Westmorland