Author Topic: Fodderty burials- Cameron  (Read 4171 times)

Offline cmcmull

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Fodderty burials- Cameron
« on: Monday 28 August 06 06:49 BST (UK) »
Hello Does anyone have access to records of Fodderty burials.  I am looking for burial of Hugh Cameron age 60 in 1841 who was living at Milnain Fodderty at the time of the census and died before 1851 census.

Thanks
Carmel
McMullen NSW & NZ, Brewster, Freestone Cambs, Carlyon, Jolliffe and Leverton Cornwall, Sutton, Ellis Lincs, Soles Gls., Boyce Tyrone, Leckey Co Down, Cuthell London & Stirlingshire Scotland, Cubitt London Sussex and Norfolk, Vale NSW, Wenham Cambs,Goodfellow Wiltshire, Shaw Derbys. & Notts., Whitlock Norfolk, Fort Lancs., Cameron Inverness, Fraser Stratherrick, Scotland, Reedy Ennis Co Clare, Murphy, Brennan, McAuliffe Newmarket, Co Cork, Doherty, Reynolds M'town Malbay, Ennistymon  Clare

Offline Highland1

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fodderty burials- Cameron
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 August 12 15:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Carmel

I was just doing some searching around for history of Millnain Cottage, Fodderty - and your entry below came up.

I am the owner of Millnain Cottage, which is the property directly behind the Mill.

Is this the house that Hugh Cameron lived in? I have attached a photo.

Keith

Offline cmcmull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 August 12 15:16 BST (UK) »
Thank you Keith.  I sure hope it is the house but I have no idea.  I am in Australia so just going on the 1841 census record.  Do you have any idea how old the house is?  Hugh Cameron's son-in-law was the miller and his name was David McIntosh so if the house is old enough to have been there at that time then I guess it would be the house they lived in.
Regards, Carmel
McMullen NSW & NZ, Brewster, Freestone Cambs, Carlyon, Jolliffe and Leverton Cornwall, Sutton, Ellis Lincs, Soles Gls., Boyce Tyrone, Leckey Co Down, Cuthell London & Stirlingshire Scotland, Cubitt London Sussex and Norfolk, Vale NSW, Wenham Cambs,Goodfellow Wiltshire, Shaw Derbys. & Notts., Whitlock Norfolk, Fort Lancs., Cameron Inverness, Fraser Stratherrick, Scotland, Reedy Ennis Co Clare, Murphy, Brennan, McAuliffe Newmarket, Co Cork, Doherty, Reynolds M'town Malbay, Ennistymon  Clare

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 August 12 15:37 BST (UK) »
There are 3 death and burials,I guess the last must be yours

11 Dec 1789 Fodderty
13 Dec 1790 Fodderty
3 Jun 1845 Rosemarkie  Ross and Cromerty
maybe not though as the above was 78 when he died,although there were no more results and it searched to 1854
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cmcmull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 04 March 19 14:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith,  Do you still own the Milnain cottage at Fodderty?  I am visiting Scotland from Australia in June and hoping to see the mill and cottage so wondered if you still own it.
Regards, Carmel