Author Topic: ENSBURY....  (Read 3235 times)

Offline criggy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: ENSBURY....
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 27 July 04 11:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Twink

Here is Sarah in the 1861 census.

It does seem likely that her son Arthur is probably yours. When I was a child I remember asking my grandmother about her family tree and she didn't really want to talk about it. She told me, reluctantly, that her mother was Annie nee Oakley. Davey Crockett & Annie Oakley were on the TV at that time so I always remembered the name (giving my age away here!). Of course I've since found out that her mother was actually illegitimate and although named Annie was not nee Oakley so she was obviously throwing me off the scent. It would have been quite a stigma in those days. I still keep an eye out for Oakleys though, just in case!!

Perhaps Arthur had a falling out with his family and reverted back to the name Endersby rather than Giddings.

IGI Also Clara Giddings c 7.10.1866 so Arthur was Sarah's first child before her marriage in 1865 as thought.

Regards

criggy

All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching London: Crisp, Leahy, Lumley. Berks: Billington, Leahy, Newbury, Yorks: Naylor, Smith, Thackwray, Wilkinson, Lancs: Smith. Leics: Everitt, Marshall, Purcell, Lincs: Bullivant, Everitt, Johnson, Sargeant, Ward. Gloucs: Chard, Coopey, Cowley, Croome, May, Millman, Organ, Savage, Shearman. Ireland: Leahy (Killarny, Kilkenny, Kerry, Cork)