Author Topic: marriage and baptism/births in Alloa?  (Read 16773 times)

Offline golfer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: marriage and baptism/births in Alloa?
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 11 July 10 17:40 BST (UK) »
G'day Pat. I have a copy of John's death cert but it does not show his wife's name. As well his obit from the Alloa Advertiser of 23 June 1860 is short and sweet: "At Clackmannan, on the 17th inst. after a long illness, Mr John Hall; for a long time clerk to the Clackmannan Coal Company" . That's it, darn. The IGI records John Hall b. 15 Aug 1797 Clackmannan married to Margaret Thomson b. 18 Apr 1797 Kinnoul, Perthshire. Whereas, the 1851 Clack census for John Hall includes "Margaret (age 56) born Kinnoul, Perth". Wouldn't it be fair to surmize that my John Hall was married to Margaret THOMSON. About Rbt Bruce and Sarah Hood. They also had a son John James. Ref 1871 census Sunderland RG10/5009 folio 61 page 58, he is shown as age 8 which would make him 18 married in 1881, Winifred 20. She being from Sandhurst, Kent perhaps John James was in military service. Cheers, Golfer.

Offline Rakker6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 30 December 10 08:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello All
                I have extract of my 3x great grandparents James Morgan married to Catherine Murray in 1790 in Alloa or Clackamann,but have come to full stop cant find anything else out about them what they did who there parents were .can anyone help me with this and no matter how small thank you
Rakker 6

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 30 December 10 10:02 GMT (UK) »
According to IGI Marriages
James Morgan or Morrison married Katherine Murray 01 Aug 1790 at Alloa, Clackmannanshire.
Will have another look later, maybe worth while checking MORRISON  and see what comes up.

Rgards Patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline Rakker6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 30 December 10 12:10 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Patvp
                        will do there son Andrew Bennett Morgan he died in 1873 and it had James morgan and Catherine morgan nee murray as his parents they were already dead  James was  a he was Tailor,just thought this might help abit
Rakker6

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 30 December 10 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rakker6 - Assume you have his death cert, do you have approx date of birth ?? and where he died..any other info may help, can find no Morgan on IGI and no ANDREW Morgan or Morrison..so every little bit may help.  ;D

Regards Patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline Rakker6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 31 December 10 06:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello Patvp1
                  I got this from Scotlandspeople as follows
Andrew Bennett Morgan died 14/07/1873 age 68
widower of Jane Marshall
44 Pitt Street Bonnington Leith
parents .James Morgan occ Tailor ,deceased
Catherine Murray deceased
informant .James Cowan Morgan Son,present at death
address.3 ?place Bonnington Leith could,nt make the name out of the place
Andrew and Jane did live in Midlothian hope this information helps
Rakker6