Author Topic: Update on Availability of Great Catworth registers  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Dale

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Update on Availability of Great Catworth registers
« on: Monday 04 September 06 17:14 BST (UK) »
Morning All!
Should anyone be searchng for the Gt Catworth Registers I have received the following today from a Church Warden via the Parish Clerk..

"'I have checked our records and find that we have in the church,  Baptismal Registers back to 1864 and Marriage Registers back to 1898. Copies of Marriage Registers have to be deposited ,by law,  with the official Registrar: I will try to find out where his local office is. Old Baptismal Registers will most probably have gone to the Huntingdon Record office.
   To access our registers researchers usually make an appointment .."  (To research  would be a laborious task  ..) "This we could do, but would need to have costs defrayed and would also like to suggest a (generous) donation to church funds for our trouble !"
Nick
E-mail Address(es):
  Moderator comment: email address removed to prevent spam and other abuses.  Please use the PM system to exchange personal details

So therein lies 142 odd years of my family's baptismal history!

Sounds like a birth and /or marriage cert would be cheaper than the expectation of a "generous donation". ???

Cheers :'(
Marlene

HUNTS: Fairy, Ding, Scotney, Swinton, Burgess, Brace
BEDS: Farey, Fairy,  Young, Rootham, Gell, Wildman, Cooper. Deighton, Flavel.
NORTHANTS: Hills, Mobbs, Twelftrees,
DERBY: Fairey,
LONDON: Fairey, Fairy, Burgess, Williams, Tanser, Picknell, Vinall, Plampin, Mullins, Day, Folwell, Bamfield, Brown
WATFORD HERTS; Burgess, Williams
WARKS: Fairy, Ward, Stephens, Reeves, Hodgkiss, Byrne, Hunt, Edgeworth, Harper, Dudley,
WORCS: Callow, Lowe

Offline Delboy31

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Update on Availability of Great Catworth registers
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 September 08 08:47 BST (UK) »
Dale,

I have been to Hunts CRO and have the information you want. Unsure if my last message to you went out, but contact me via a website so that I can send you an image.

Look up website of "Guild of One Name Studies", look for Registered name "Westerdale" and that will include my mailing address.
Delboy31

Offline Dale

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Update on Availability of Great Catworth registers
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 September 08 10:32 BST (UK) »
Kia Ora Delboy 31
I received your PM about the Guild and replied accordingly this afternoon. (NZ time).
I am so excited and hope you have received my email with personal addy!
THANK YOU!
Marlene
HUNTS: Fairy, Ding, Scotney, Swinton, Burgess, Brace
BEDS: Farey, Fairy,  Young, Rootham, Gell, Wildman, Cooper. Deighton, Flavel.
NORTHANTS: Hills, Mobbs, Twelftrees,
DERBY: Fairey,
LONDON: Fairey, Fairy, Burgess, Williams, Tanser, Picknell, Vinall, Plampin, Mullins, Day, Folwell, Bamfield, Brown
WATFORD HERTS; Burgess, Williams
WARKS: Fairy, Ward, Stephens, Reeves, Hodgkiss, Byrne, Hunt, Edgeworth, Harper, Dudley,
WORCS: Callow, Lowe